Question PC STUTTERS LIKE CRAZY FROM TIME TO TIME

Jun 26, 2020
Hi. So recently I've had a weird experience while gaming... My PC specs are:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
8GB RAM 2400Mhz DDR4
SSD 250GB

I started getting stutters while playing games or Valorant to be precise it goes good for some time and then the fps starts dropping and getting up again it just goes up and down and the game stutters like crazy. I was checking to see if theres a throttle... but no nothing, I'm not sure could it be that cpu uses 20% and the gpu 4-10% ?

Any ideas? Please help.

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Power down, unplug, open the case. Ensure that all cards, cables, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

Use Task Man ager or Resource Monitor (just one at a time) to observe system performance. Determine what resources are being used and to what %.

Observe first while PC idles, then while doing light work or browsing, and finally while playing other games then Valorant.

Jun 26, 2020
Well, are you running out of RAM? Can't advertise the cure until we know the disease.
No I'm not running out of ram I actually swapped it with 8gb of 2666mhz, I have it on dual channel. I can't figure it out what is the problem when I play cpu uses 15-30% and gpu 5-10% it started happening recently I've had it for a year+ it did great with streaming and stuff but one day it screwed up and now its like this. I play games for maybe 1 hour or 2 sometimes 3 it goes really good 200+fps and then starts stuttering the fps drops from 200 and goes up again 200 and it does that constantly!

UPDATE: Here's what it looks like, I managed to record it and yes it happens even in desktop while not playing games. [
View: https://youtu.be/ceDFUhyKIE0
]

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020
So my pc was stuttering and this were the usages on the Performance Monitor (I uninstalled the gpu drivers to do a reinstall thats why gpu wasnt there) You can see that none of gpu cpu use high usage but my pc stutters and this was while browsing the internet didnt play at all since I turned on the PC

Jun 26, 2020
UPDATE: I formatted my PC and I used to install the drivers from Driver Booster but now I installed them from Device Manager and it's been a week and the stutters are gone!