Question PC Stutters with 1 frame per second for several seconds ?

StanleyAsks

Reputable
Apr 24, 2017
The stuttering occurs randomly but it always occurs whenever I open Geforce Experience. The stuttering occurs while gaming or even in just my desktop with 1fps constant to the point like it's playing like a slideshow. It goes back to normal after a few seconds (7-15s). Its recent occurrence is while I was playing Warzone and I saw that the 'CPU Time' was stuttering from 16 ms to a constant high 350+ ms. My rig is fairly new, built around December of 2020.

Here's my benchmark: https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/42562533
Specs:
Asus Strix Z370E-Gaming
i7 8700 @4.3 ghz
HyperX Fury 16Gx2 @3200 mhz
GTX 960 4G

Jan 3, 2021
If the stuttering is happening only when you open Geforce Experience, I recommend trying to uninstall it with control panel in windows and redownloading, seeing if there are out of date drivers, or you GPU could be getting worn out seeing as it is an old one, 2015.

Reactions: StanleyAsks

StanleyAsks

Reputable
Apr 24, 2017
If the stuttering is happening only when you open Geforce Experience, I recommend trying to uninstall it with control panel in windows and redownloading, seeing if there are out of date drivers, or you GPU could be getting worn out seeing as it is an old one, 2015.
Thank you for your response. But when it happened while I was playing warzone, the CPU time was spiking from 15ms to a peak of 350 ms while the GPU time remained at 15 ms constant. The stuttering also happens randomly while alt-tabbing or just typing something on the internet. Actually, the stuttering is occurring as of this moment while am typing.

Latest posts