Question PC stutters

Slaxel

Commendable
Oct 8, 2021
i have a relatively new rig I built a few months ago and I have been experiencing some micro stutters when I game. everything in the build is new except my psu and one of my ssd's. the stutters themselves are not game breaking nor do they make the game unplayable. i can't tell if the stutter occurs from another component or voltage dip and then my frames fluctuate or the frames fluctuating is what is causing the stutter and if so why? these stutters range from 1-12 frames and i see it and feel every time it happens which is usually when a vehicle or npc's or something enters the scene. these stutters are just like nails on a chalkboard annoying to me and I would love nothing more then to rid myself from this issue. it seems graphical or ram related but i can't tell. do ya'll think it could be my display settings with my 144hz monitor? I will put my specs below for you guys.

things I have tried include- moving games to ssd's, clean install of windows, temp monitoring cpu hardly reaches above 60 Celsius under load. gpu hits like 58 Celsius under load, adjusting graphical settings, gpu drivers up to date and windows up to date, eliminating background processes and even opening cores and boosting cpu performance. the only thing that somewhat helped was moving games to ssd.

Here is my Setup.

MSI X570 Gaming board
Nvidia RTX 3060 12gb VRAM
R5 Ryzen 5600X
Noctua aftermarket cooling
Crucial Ballistix 16gb DDR4 3600 RAM Dual Channel
Corsair CX750M Bronze PSU
MSI 144hz Monitor at 1080p w/ Display port. FreeSync disabled
500GB NVME SSD w OS installed
250gb 870 SSD
Seagate 2 TB HDD

Slaxel

Commendable
Oct 8, 2021
How old is the PSU?

Are these online games?
About 2 years. I remember it was at the beginning of the pandemic cause I remember it being so hard to find one haha. Most of the games I play are not but they still are like connected to Ubisoft or steam. The only one I play online is apex legends and destiny 2 at the moment and I hardly notice any jags with destiny. But games like apex I get it and even like the new far cry with ray tracing disabled I get it. Assassins creed Valhalla I get the dips. I have even noticed it in borderlands 3 and even the Diablo 2 Remake I get small ones but not nearly as annoying as the other titles. I’m gonna try red dead and some other games and see how those go. I also wanna know if it does it in windows but that’s either harder for me to detect or it’s not existent in windows.

Slaxel

Commendable
Oct 8, 2021
It doesn’t have g sync and It’s not officially g sync compatible. However, it does allow me to activate free sync and it shows up in Nvidia control panel and let’s me enable it. I’ve tried with it in and off and it doesn’t seem to help much either way. I do have xmp profile enabled it says “a xmp profile 1 enabled”.

Slaxel

Commendable
Oct 8, 2021
I have not thought about v-sync though. I will give that a try and see what happens. I normally deactivate v sync entirely due to input lag so I haven’t thought of that one.