[SOLVED] PC suddenly died, a bad small instantly came up. Not turning on.

Feb 8, 2019
Bought my pc in about 3 months ago

CONFIG:

• GIGABYTE p/ Intel LGA 1151 ATX B360 AORUS GAMING 3 DDR4
    Monitor 144Hz 24"
    VGA Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Mini
    Core i7-8700 Coffee Lake 8a
    WaterCooler Corsair Hydro Series High Performance H45
    2x Memória Kingston HyperX FURY 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4 CL15
    EVGA 750W 80 Plus Bronze

WHAT HAPPENED:

I was playing normally and I haven't had problems so far. Suddenly the pc turned off and a really bad smell came up.
I opened my case and waited for a bit.
When I tried to turn it on it just tried to boot for about half a second and it shuts down almost instantly.
The fan move just a bit not even a complete turn, and a red light just fast blink once.

WHAT I THINK IT MIGHT BE:

Probably it is my PSU. I'll try to remove piece by piece of my mother board until I get the minimum configuration as possible and try to turn it on.

Other thing is that the smell seems to come from around my processor, kinda scared even processors not burning that easily now a days.

I'M ASKING FOR ADVICES OR SMALL LIGHTS FROM YOU GUYS! :'(

Here is a link of a small video when I try to boot it up.

https://youtu.be/6ZcC8Ap9cJw

Solution

I can't answer that with certainty. It won't hurt taking your computer apart to inspect each part before going any further, but I'd definitely not try booting again with this PSU. Is there anything like a second hand computer parts store? They're more likely to help you out for free, at least...
Feb 8, 2019

Unfortunately I don't. Tonight I'll try to do what I described above and if it doesn't work I'll be going to a technical assistance to check it out.

What you think about it, trying to remove pieces and turn it on, am I going to be in high risk or better not to?

I can't answer that with certainty. It won't hurt taking your computer apart to inspect each part before going any further, but I'd definitely not try booting again with this PSU. Is there anything like a second hand computer parts store? They're more likely to help you out for free, at least pinpointing what the exact issue is.

Solution