Question PC suddenly freezes, crashes and instant restart only when Idle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2023
So my PC has been doing this where if I don't have a demanding game open, then my PC will freeze, buzzing with whatever audio was playing and then shut off and restart quickly after. I've had this problem for about a year or two but between being in another country and just being lazy to properly troubleshoot due to it not crashing if I have a game open. That being said, I'm sure it's not the best for the components always to be running on a high load if all I want to do is browse or watch Youtube. I've changed parts that I had suspicion of being the problem in the previously mentioned timeframe. The following being the GPU (970 to 2060), PSU, RAM. I've also cleaned the PC and change thermal paste for the CPU. From a process of elimination I suspect the problem to be my boot SSD, mobo or CPU, which I've considered changing (If i can avoid having to spend to fix my problem then great). Whenever I check the reliability monitor all it says is windows was not shut down properly. When I Event viewer every critical error is Kernel-Power 41 Task 63, with the EventRecordID varying each time. I've posted below one of the event viewer logs.

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>8</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2023-03-17T07:28:36.5241104Z" />
<EventRecordID>34926</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>DESKTOP-M4OOHMO</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">6</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
<Data Name="BootAppStatus">3221225684</Data>
<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">1</Data>
<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2">0</Data>
<Data Name="LongPowerButtonPressDetected">false</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mar 17, 2023
Anyone have an idea? It's been getting worse the past day or two, I can't go 10 mins without it crashing at times, very annoying

I was looking at Event Viewer and see that everytime there's a critical error a.k.a the pc crashes at the very same time there is this warning : The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT\WindowsHelloFaceSoftwareDriver\0000. Could it be related?

Status
Not open for further replies.