[SOLVED] PC suddenly laggy and choppy in all tasks.

Oct 8, 2019
So i woke up yesterday and turned on my PC, and noticed it was super laggy, it wouldn't go away after several basic restarts so i turned to the internet for help.

So i did as follows:

Updated GPU Drivers
Removed all temp and prefetch files
Ran a malware-bytes scan and removed all the issues
Checked task manager for load. its all good (below 20-30%)
but the issue is still there, it lags when moving windows around, and FPS in games has dropped and pretty much tanks when i move the in-game camera. I would like to avoid a factory reset as its annoying and my internet has been pretty slow lately 😔

UserBench scores:https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/20765225

Specs:

i7-8700

GTX1070

16GB 3000MHz RAM

128GB SANDISK SSD -PRIMARY

2TB - SECONDARY

Solution
Hello

Please check if any Windows update is available. Also, please check for any BIOS update.

You can even try to rollback the graphics driver to an earlier built to confirm that there are no compatibility issues.

Running the CHKDSK and SFC /SCANNOW commands might do the trick as well if the above two don't work.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!
Hello

Please check if any Windows update is available. Also, please check for any BIOS update.

You can even try to rollback the graphics driver to an earlier built to confirm that there are no compatibility issues.

Running the CHKDSK and SFC /SCANNOW commands might do the trick as well if the above two don't work.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

Solution