[SOLVED] PC suddenly not booting with GPU plugged in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2021
Hi all, first time posting here, hope this is a good place for this. My 4 year old build suddenly started having issues a little over a week ago, and my research has not helped me reach a conclusion on the issue.

As title suggests, the PC does not boot whatsoever while the GPU (1060 6GB founder's edition) is plugged into PCIe slot and powered with 6 pin power from PSU. The PC will boot without it in, and I can get into windows with my integrated graphics. I have made the following moves in order to attempt fixing:

Test GPU in another computer (That computer booted and displayed normally)
Tested brand new power supply
Ran GPU in other PCIe slot
Reset/Updated BIOS
Re-seat RAM and try booting with 1 stick in each of the slots

Rest of PC specs:
i5 6600k
Gigabyte z130-hd3 DDR4
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)
Rosewill 650w 80+ gold/
EVGA 500 W1, 80+ WHITE 500W 100-W1-0500-KR (2nd is new PSU I purchased)

Research has not pointed to anything with this same specific problem that had solutions that helped me. Thank you in advance for any advice regarding this issue

Solution
UPDATE: I got another motherboard (Asus Z170-AR) rebuilt everything with it, getting the same exact problem.
First of sorry for the late reply been very busy, try a new PSU, when you swapped the GPU to a new pc I take it you used a different power supply? Your current PSU could have problems with delivering power to the GPU, try to borrow one before buying a complete new one though. And with the MB if it wasn't to much money I would just take it as an upgrade.

Frankie4Fingarz

Commendable
Apr 24, 2019
UPDATE: I got another motherboard (Asus Z170-AR) rebuilt everything with it, getting the same exact problem.
First of sorry for the late reply been very busy, try a new PSU, when you swapped the GPU to a new pc I take it you used a different power supply? Your current PSU could have problems with delivering power to the GPU, try to borrow one before buying a complete new one though. And with the MB if it wasn't to much money I would just take it as an upgrade.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.