Question PC suddenly not posting after no changes to the hardware

armin_307

Prominent
Feb 3, 2023
Hello Toms Hardware Community,

for the past 3 days now my PC doesnt turn on with my 2 monitors and periphals plugged in, even though i did not change anything or move anything around for over a year now, the only recent addition was a 1tb samsung m.2 ssd that i installed about a month ago with no issues!

So my workaround for now has been unplugging every USB device and My 2 Monitors and then after waiting for a little (like 5-10 seconds) it posts eventually.

The only thing that changed from the day my pc worked to the day it doesnt work normally anymore was me installing Borderlands 3 but i dont think a game can cause this issue, right?

My PC Specs are :

AMD Ryzen 5 3600
AMD RX 5700XT from Gigabyte
ASUS Prime B450-Plus
32GB RAM (not sure what brand but i think
1TB Kingston sa2000m8100g (OS Drive)
1TB Samsung 980
PSU is a 750Watt (not sure what Brand, but it is a reputable one)

Peripherals:
Corsair K70RGB
Logitech G502

Monitors:
GIGABYTE M32QC (connected via DisplayPort)
Some Older iiyama 27inch 60hz not sure about model its about 4-5years old (connected via HDMI)

armin_307

Prominent
Feb 3, 2023
Pull it out, make sure there is no dust or anything in the slot, and putting it back in. You could have bumped it when installing the second m.2 card, it doenst take much to cause issues.

Thank you!! It took a bit of work to remove it since the pcie tab was stuck but after i took a chopstick to press it down it came out clean with barely any force, after taking it out, inspecting the pcie connector for no damage or dust and putting it back in everything works now!

armin_307

Prominent
Feb 3, 2023
I thought so too that it may have been the m.2 install but i had no problems for over a month after the install! weird! but i tried it for about 10 times now and everything works flawlessly!