Mar 17, 2021
Hi there,

A few months ago, I bought the following hardware:

• Mobo: ASRock H310CM-HG4
  • Power Supply: Corsair VS 500
  • RAM: 2x 8GB Kingstom DDR4 2666 Mhz
  • Processor: Intel I5-9400F
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660

After setting all up. I've used it perfectly for a week, when it started to suddenly power off.

As someone with 2 IT degrees, computer enthusiast and etc, I did some tests:
  • Tried a new power supply: Still powering off.
  • Tried a new Mobo: Still powering off.
  • Tried different RAM, swaped slots, changed clock: Still powering off.
  • Temperature: It's pretty normal, nothing to concern. And the pc power offs just standing, no apps running. Sometimes it just power offs while it's starting. I dont think it's temperature too.

Now, I'm very confused, because I was sure that it was one of these above...
The only thing that I can see now is changing processor, besides never seeing a processor power off a computer like this.
What u guys think? Zero overclock applied, I assembled and disassembled the computer a lot of times. Still randomly powering off.

Thank you very much.

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
When it powers off does it freeze first?
And after it does can you instantly turn it back on?

Is it grounded? check the power cable, a strip if it's plugged into one or the outlet, those are my basics

Mar 17, 2021
When it powers off does it freeze first?
And after it does can you instantly turn it back on?

Is it grounded? check the power cable, a strip if it's plugged into one or the outlet, those are my basics

Usualy just turn off, no freezing. What changes is that sometimes it takes too long to turn it back on, but sometimes it’s regular fast.

And yes, its grounded. I already check that. That CPU already goes to 3 different houses for tests, so I guess isn't that. :(

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
If you can do what rgd1101 said and try with a better PSU. The VS should be enough for those parts though

sometimes it takes too long to turn it back on

What takes too long? the power up, POST, to load the OS? if it's the first then it's most likely because the OTP was tripped on the power supply.
Get OCCT 4.5.1 (this version in particular is the best) and run the power supply test, if it fails after a while then you'll know what the problem is.

wardmatt

Honorable
Feb 23, 2016
If you can do what rgd1101 said and try with a better PSU. The VS should be enough for those parts though

What takes too long? the power up, POST, to load the OS? if it's the first then it's most likely because the OTP was tripped on the power supply.
Get OCCT 4.5.1 (this version in particular is the best) and run the power supply test, if it fails after a while then you'll know what the problem is.
Hi there,

A few months ago, I bought the following hardware:

• Mobo: ASRock H310CM-HG4
  • Power Supply: Corsair VS 500
  • RAM: 2x 8GB Kingstom DDR4 2666 Mhz
  • Processor: Intel I5-9400F
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660
After setting all up. I've used it perfectly for a week, when it started to suddenly power off.

As someone with 2 IT degrees, computer enthusiast and etc, I did some tests:
  • Tried a new power supply: Still powering off.
  • Tried a new Mobo: Still powering off.
  • Tried different RAM, swaped slots, changed clock: Still powering off.
  • Temperature: It's pretty normal, nothing to concern. And the pc power offs just standing, no apps running. Sometimes it just power offs while it's starting. I dont think it's temperature too.
Now, I'm very confused, because I was sure that it was one of these above...
The only thing that I can see now is changing processor, besides never seeing a processor power off a computer like this.
What u guys think? Zero overclock applied, I assembled and disassembled the computer a lot of times. Still randomly powering off.

Thank you very much.
Hey Jessica

i have the same problem. Did you find a resolution?

matt