[SOLVED] PC Suddenly Reboots when Playing Games

Mar 27, 2020
Hello, So I am really confused right now about my PC which suddenly reboots when I am playing some games. It does happen, but not really often in games like GTA V, BeamNG Drive, and Planet Zoo. But in one specific game, which is Rainbow Six Siege, it happened every time I get into a match, it would reboot either in shortly before Operators Selection Screen or right after spawning in the game. Only in R6:S it happens so often that I can reproduce it 100% of the time. But there is one period which it suddenly begone, which is after I reinstalled my R6, the problem suddenly gone and I can play R6 without any problems since, until today, when I was going into my first match in the day, then suddenly the problem comes back. My PC reboots just after I spawned in the match, it acted as if I had unplug the power cord and instantly plugs it back in.

I've monitored my temps as well using NZXT Cam shortly before my PC reboots. Last report: CPU is at 43 degrees Celcius while the GPU is at 62 degrees. I don't think that was so hot and caused my PC to reboot.

I've been searching everywhere regarding this topic, and there were surely many people having similar issues. But none really helps me. Most are pointing to the PSU, because it reboots as if it lose power. But my PSU was replaced not long ago and it seems to be fine. FYI, this problem was discovered initially a long time ago but it somehow disappeared for a few years (3-4 maybe), and last month after I got my Hard Disk Drive replaced, (because the old one was broken) this problem starts happening again.

p.s. I replaced my hard disk to the one from another computer, not a fresh new HDD. And just boot up from that Windows installed (haven't reset Windows yet)

Please help if anyone knows the culprit of this issue.

PC Specs: (pretty old tbh)
MoBo: ASUS H97-PRO Gamer
CPU: Intel Core i7 - 4770
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2013)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB (DDR3)
PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W 80+ Gold

Solution
Oh, I never thought dust affects that much. But neverthelessly I've done some cleaning of the dust filters, fans, and the exteriors of the components. Do I need to do some kind of deep cleaning or something? Maybe you have an advice on what part to clean and what's the best way to do that?
Using compressed air cans is quite good for those purposes, makes your life a bunch easier, and wherever you can get you should blow dust out
Mar 27, 2020
Given the age of your system I imagine it may have accumulated some dust over the time you've had it. I've seen systems shutdown randomly and work like new once the dust was cleared out.

Oh, I never thought dust affects that much. But neverthelessly I've done some cleaning of the dust filters, fans, and the exteriors of the components. Do I need to do some kind of deep cleaning or something? Maybe you have an advice on what part to clean and what's the best way to do that?

TheOcelotGamer

Honorable
Dec 31, 2015
Using compressed air cans is quite good for those purposes, makes your life a bunch easier, and wherever you can get you should blow dust out

Solution