Question PC suddenly shut down and won't turn back on?

Sep 6, 2024
In the middle of using my PC it suddenly shut down and won't power back on. The motherboard RGB lights turn on (no status/error lights) but nothing else seems to turn on and nothing displays on the monitor. I’ve tried several fixes (resetting CMOS, removing a RAM stick, different outlet, etc.) including a new PSU and a new motherboard.

My GPU has 2x 8-pin PCIe connections for the PSU, I found that my PC will power on with one 8-pin slot plugged in but not with both using either PSU. Everything turns on, but it still doesn’t boot or display, so now I'm unsure if it's the GPU that needs to be replaced or what else I can try.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600x
MB: ASRock B650M Pro RS Micro, new MB is the same
GPU: Red Dragon OC Radeon RX 6800 XT
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 80+ Gold 850w, replaced with 2023 Corsair RM750e 750w 80+ Gold to test PSU

In the middle of using my PC it suddenly shut down and won't power back on. The motherboard RGB lights turn on (no status/error lights) but nothing else seems to turn on and nothing displays on the monitor. I’ve tried several fixes (resetting CMOS, removing a RAM stick, different outlet, etc.) including a new PSU and a new motherboard.

My GPU has 2x 8-pin PCIe connections for the PSU, I found that my PC will power on with one 8-pin slot plugged in but not with both using either PSU. Everything turns on, but it still doesn’t boot or display, so now I'm unsure if it's the GPU that needs to be replaced or what else I can try.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600x
MB: ASRock B650M Pro RS Micro, new MB is the same
GPU: Red Dragon OC Radeon RX 6800 XT
PSU: Cooler Master MWE 80+ Gold 850w, replaced with 2023 Corsair RM750e 750w 80+ Gold to test PSU
Hey there,

Why did you swap out the Corsair for the CM?

If you still have it, swap them out, and see if the Corsair powers the system ok.

Sep 6, 2024
Hey there,

Why did you swap out the Corsair for the CM?

If you still have it, swap them out, and see if the Corsair powers the system ok.
The CM is my original PSU, the Corsair is the replacement. I'd just ordered what would be delivered quickest that would still be compatible to test the power supply ASAP. I've tried both on the old mobo, the new mobo, and even swapped PCIe cables between the two with the same result.