Question PC Suddenly shuts down and will not turnback on

flesk12

Commendable
Apr 4, 2018
As the title suggests my system suddenly shutdown and when i tried to open it it blinks quickly then turns on. Tried the paper clip test on the power supply and got the fan spinning. Tried to remove the 6 pin connector for the gpu and it will post but since im running a R5 2600 im not showing any display.

Is the problem still the power supply? or is it the gpu? I only have the budget to replace 1.

Here are the system specs

r5 2600
a320m pro e
2x 8gb ram
rx 470
850 psu

Thanks

flesk12

Commendable
Apr 4, 2018
Its a generic 850 watt psu. It came from when i bought the system. Bought the system about 8 months ago. What psu can you reco on a build like this?

I'm not sure where you are or what you can get but...500 watts would be enough....and I'd go with Corsair or Seasonic.

This might help....

Reactions: RodroX

flesk12

Commendable
Apr 4, 2018
Already got a new psu. Still having the same problem. I am getting fan spin on both cpu and psu without plugging in the 6 pin for the gpu. As soon as i plug in the 6pin for the gpu and hit the power button it blinks quickly. Since i am running a 2600 i am not able to hook it up on a monitor. Is it now likely to the gpu?

flesk12

Commendable
Apr 4, 2018
Testing both psu and gpu on an older system with onboard graphics. Weirdly enough it will turn on with the 6pin.when i remove the 6pin on the gpu that systems turns on and i will see the fan on the gpu spinning. Wondering what the issue might be.