PC suddenly shuts down. Blank screen when booting

jamespmanlangit

Prominent
Aug 27, 2017
Hi,

For years tomshardware has been my go to whenever I had PC problems and threads usually helped me fix my problems but this time I think I need to post.

Anyway, I was playing a video game for around an hour today and when I was done, i closed the game and opened a new tab in my web browser then suddenly my PC just shut down. Clicked the power button and everything fired up. Case fan spinning, water cooler radiator and fan working, video card except that I just had a blank screen.

Tried taking out 2 of my mem sticks and plugged one of them to no avail. My keyboard has no lights, mouse has a light for a sec but my headphones lights are on.

When I turn on the computer atm everything fires up as what I stated but the fans seem to be at max speed and stays that way.

Prior to this. Months ago whenever I turned on my computer it woul start and power down for a second then start on it's own.

My specs:

-Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark- II
-i7-4790
-Zotac GTX 780 OC Edition
-Corsair Vengeance DDR 3 1866 16GB
- Thermaltake Water 3.0
-Corsair CX600

I've had this set up for 4 years now and this is the first major problem I've encountered with it.

Would really appreaciate all feedback and help I can get!

jamespmanlangit

Prominent
Aug 27, 2017
I got my computer working after taking out the cos battery last month but now it finally broke down. Is this certain that it's a Mobo issue? Planning to buy a mobo that's compatible with my processor.