[SOLVED] PC suddenly shuts down totally

Apr 16, 2021
Hi there,

So, yesterday when I started to play games as usual, my pc suddenly shuts down completely. No restart whatsoever. I can turn it back on immediately afterwards. Read somewhere else about the sleeved flex extension that causes the pc to shuts down. Currently using the lian li strimer rgb but it was installed like few months ago (6 months I think because it was back in 2020). So confused. It even shuts down when playing pacify thou

Spec:
Asrock steel legend b450m
Ryzen 5 3600
RX580 8GB
DDR4 3200 corsair vengeance 8 x 2
1stPlayer DX 80 bronze 600w

Solution
Also there seems to be no such thing as 1st player DX, all that I can find is 1st player DK, which definitely is not designed to use with a gaming system. Even though there is nothing wrong with it, you should look for a replacement ASAP.
Same thing I found. The DX refers to a chassis (case) and not a power supply. The DK PSU is a cheap double-forward design with cheap chinese caps in the secondaries and only 3 year warranty. This is not a good power supply for a gaming system. Might be ok for a home office pc but that's about it.
Extensions can cause extra voltage drops that might make the voltage going below the under voltage protection limits, so you might want to remove that first and see if the issue persists.

Also there seems to be no such thing as 1st player DX, all that I can find is 1st player DK, which definitely is not designed to use with a gaming system. Even though there is nothing wrong with it, you should look for a replacement ASAP.

Reactions: Archaic59
Apr 16, 2021
You can check cpu and gpu temperatures to rule out a temperature problem.

GPU tops at 79°C and CPU at 59°C

Extensions can cause extra voltage drops that might make the voltage going below the under voltage protection limits, so you might want to remove that first and see if the issue persists.

Might try removing the cable first.

Yeah, I did not realized I typed in DX instead of DK. My bad. 1st player DK 600W

Same thing I found. The DX refers to a chassis (case) and not a power supply. The DK PSU is a cheap double-forward design with cheap chinese caps in the secondaries and only 3 year warranty. This is not a good power supply for a gaming system. Might be ok for a home office pc but that's about it.

Solution