Question PC SUDDENLY SHUTSDOWN 3-5 MINS AFTER INSTALLING NEW RAM

Sep 4, 2019
I recently bought a 4GB 1600MHZ ram to upgrade my ram from 2gb, my old ram is 1333mhz. EDIT: i took the old one out and used the new 4gb one.

after i put in my 4gb ram, and boot my pc, it suddenly shutsdown after 5mins, then wont turn on again, i tried putting it on different sockets but to no avail. The display is off but the pc is on (with the fans working). What do u guys think is the problem ??

my pc specs are a bit old :
Processor: AMD A4-5300
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-F2A55M-DS2

Diddly

Distinguished
Have you removed the new RAM and put the old RAM back - does it go back to working again?
When trying the new RAM, disable the XMP profile in the BIOS, so only the default RAM speed is used. Then reboot. If that works at least the RAM is compatible with your motherboard at stock speeds. Then try again with the XMP profile loaded in the BIOS. Make sure settings match the specification on the XMP profile. You can use the program CPU-Z to check. Please post the exact make/model of the RAM you purchased.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2019
Have you removed the new RAM and put the old RAM back - does it go back to working again?
When trying the new RAM, disable the XMP profile in the BIOS, so only the default RAM speed is used. Then reboot. If that works at least the RAM is compatible with your motherboard at stock speeds. Then try again with the XMP profile loaded in the BIOS. Make sure settings match the specification on the XMP profile. You can use the program CPU-Z to check. Please post the exact make/model of the RAM you purchased.

Yea, the old ram worked perfectly fine.

Where can i find the xmp profile? Sorry im a little new on configuring my pc.

My ram model is : ELITE PLUS U-DIMM DDR3 DESKTOP MEMORY 4GB 1600MHZ
(https://www.teamgroupinc.com/en/product/elite-plus-u-dimm-ddr3)

Sep 4, 2019
I also just realized i bought a 4gb 1600mhz with cl 11-11-11-28 1.5v