Question PC suddenly slows down and boot time got doubled on SSD

Wynchester

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
First, I like to say that I've seen all the previous "slows down issues" in the forum since it's a very common problem. But the reason I created new thread is that they all had some leads but in my I haven't able find a single lead on this issue.
Acer Nitro 5
Windows 10 64-bit on 256GB SSD
8GB RAM , RX560x.

So I opened my laptop today and it seemed very slow(Applications took long to boot, slow animations etc). I have 113GB free space in the SSD. The task manager shows everything normal. Windows defender didn't find any malware or other issues. I didn't update any drivers recently. The startup has everything disabled expect my audio controller like it was before. There's no page faults in memory. The laptop is one year old and haven't encountered any major issues yet. I reinstalled my amd drivers but no difference. I tried switching to high performance mode.
I tried everything I know and read in the forums. Nothing worked yet.
Please help me, guys.

Do you have any recent restore points (a week or two ago) that you could roll back to? If all is well after a hypotehtical rollback, perhaps an errant driver update and/or Windows update botched something...

Does HWMonitor show normal clock speeds/CPU core/package temps under a full load, w/ no evidence of throttling? (You can induce a healthy all core load with CPU-z/bench/stress CPU)

You can check SSD performance with CrystalDiskMark...

Which Nitro 5 version do you have? (what CPU is installed?)

Wynchester

Prominent
Apr 30, 2019
Do you have any recent restore points (a week or two ago) that you could roll back to? If all is well after a hypotehtical rollback, perhaps an errant driver update and/or Windows update botched something...

Does HWMonitor show normal clock speeds/CPU core/package temps under a full load, w/ no evidence of throttling? (You can induce a healthy all core load with

Does HWMonitor show normal clock speeds/CPU core/package temps under a full load, w/ no evidence of throttling? (You can induce a healthy all core load with CPU-z/bench/stress CPU)

CPU)

My CPU is Ryzen 5 3550H with Vega 8 mobile GFX. Clock speed vary normally per the applications there's no sudden spike or unusual throttling. I don't have a recent restore point. But I think I may have found a lead. That when my laptop plugged in, it's working normal. No slow down issues. So I Checked the power settings again but both(battery&plugged in) are at Balanced. I don't have a valid reason for this but lately I've been playing a game in SSD while plugged in. I don't know it can trigger something or not. But it's only the lead. Also regarding the windows update, I actually tried updating to the newest security updates but my pc tried to install an old amd driver which seems like a common issue in acer laptop, so I paused the updates. But this happened after the slow down not before.

TRENDING THREADS