Question PC suddenly stopped giving video.

Feb 6, 2021
I woke up in the morning and found that I left my pc on but it froze in the middle of the night. I restarted the computer and now I get no video. The post status checker on my motherboard says that it's a boot issue, so I made a windows installation usb to see if I could repair the boot drive. I can't select my usb because I can't see the BIOS screen. I also thought the gpu could have died (even though there was no indication) so I swapped it out but still nothing.

Components:

GPU - ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080
CPU - Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard - ASRock B550M Steel Legend
RAM - 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? You might want to also state the make and model of your storage devices(those that are connected to the motherboard). You can try and source a donor POSU with at least 650W of power for the entire system(from a friend or neighbor, who owns a reliably built PSU) to see if your PSU might be faulty or failing.

What GPU did you swap it out to...?

Feb 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What is the make and model of your PSU and it's age? You might want to also state the make and model of your storage devices(those that are connected to the motherboard). You can try and source a donor POSU with at least 650W of power for the entire system(from a friend or neighbor, who owns a reliably built PSU) to see if your PSU might be faulty or failing.

What GPU did you swap it out to...?

Hey, just swapped the PSU with a brand new one my friend had lying around and it's the exact same problem.
Something I forgot to mention: When the PC was unplugged for repairs, the lights flickered for ~5 minutes, and it hasn't done it since (not sure if that's a problem, but I thought it would be nice to mention).

Boot Drive: Inland Professional 120gb SATA SSD
Storage drive: WD Blue 500GB SATA SSD
Storage drive: Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme