Question PC suddenly stopped working Vga light on and gpu fan spinning

Apr 25, 2023
My pc suddenly stopped working and the VGA light stays on, a similar thing happened to me like 6 months ago but I was able to fix it with clearing the Cmos but now it's not working anymore the fans are spinning and I checked that everything is connected properly. I tried every solution regarding the VGA light but nothing works.
Just bought a Mainboard speaker but it does not give a beep at all it's just silent, then I checked if the speaker is broken but when I take out the gpu it's giving me beep codes could there something be wrong with my Mainboard that it's not beeping with a gpu or is it the gpu fault? I'm kinda at a loss here and I can't put my gpu in a working system atm

My specs: Mainboard 350m pro-vdh
Ryzen 5 1600
Rx 6600 pulse
16 GB ram

There are a few things that may cause this type of issue bit the power supply is the first suspect. The minumum suggested psu for the 6600 is a 450 watt psu and you have a 400 watt. How old is your power supply? This is your most likely cause.

Is your pc a pre-built? If so what make and model.

Reactions: Frustratedandbroke
Apr 25, 2023
There are a few things that may cause this type of issue bit the power supply is the first suspect. The minumum suggested psu for the 6600 is a 450 watt psu and you have a 400 watt. How old is your power supply? This is your most likely cause.

Is your pc a pre-built? If so what make and model.
Ah okay my power supply is definitely older than 5 years but the weird thing for me is that it worked flawlessly for half a year and I build it myself. A different question if my Vga light is on is that definitely something with my gpu or could there be other factors?

Ah okay my power supply is definitely older than 5 years but the weird thing for me is that it worked flawlessly for half a year and I build it myself. A different question if my Vga light is on is that definitely something with my gpu or could there be other factors?

You do understand that when a manufacturer recommend a certain PSU it is for a reason?

In your situation, I would replace the psu with a new 500 watt unit of good quality.

Apr 25, 2023
You do understand that when a manufacturer recommend a certain PSU it is for a reason?

In your situation, I would replace the psu with a new 500 watt unit of good quality.
I honestly didn't know no the reason I'm confused if it's the psu why would it work for half a year and then suddenly stop working

Apr 25, 2023
You were lucky it worked at all.
Oh <Mod Edit> gonna try a better psu then and thank you so much for helping btw. Can you maybe tell me something about why the main board speaker does not give a single beep unless I unplug the gpu? I put all my hopes in getting any information on the beeps but I don't get any

Last edited by a moderator: