Question PC Suddenly turned off and wont turn on ?

Jan 23, 2021
Help, suddenly my pc just blacked out and wont turn on. The motherboard Power icon is still on and i dont think there is any physical damage on the motherboard.
Somehow when i unplugged the cpu power, the PC turned on for a few second (By turned on i mean case fan spinning, cpu fan spinning etc, no POST ofcourse) but turned itself off again after a few second.
At first i though it could be a dead CPU, so i tried putting another CPU in the system but still the same results.

I read a thread with similiar issues and some said is PSU issues but im not too sure. My psu seems to be in pretty good condition (physically atleast) fans still spinning and no visible damage.

Ive also tried removing all peripherals, gpu, ram, storages and still getting the same results

My system rn :
CPU : intel i7 2600k
Motherboard : Asus P8Z77 Deluxe
Ram : Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB 2133
GPU : Sapphire Nitro RX 580 4GB
PSU : Corsair TX750 (one from 2013 or somewhere around that)

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2020
Help, suddenly my pc just blacked out and wont turn on. The motherboard Power icon is still on and i dont think there is any physical damage on the motherboard.
Somehow when i unplugged the cpu power, the PC turned on for a few second (By turned on i mean case fan spinning, cpu fan spinning etc, no POST ofcourse) but turned itself off again after a few second.
At first i though it could be a dead CPU, so i tried putting another CPU in the system but still the same results.

I read a thread with similiar issues and some said is PSU issues but im not too sure. My psu seems to be in pretty good condition (physically atleast) fans still spinning and no visible damage.

Ive also tried removing all peripherals, gpu, ram, storages and still getting the same results

My system rn :
CPU : intel i7 2600k
Motherboard : Asus P8Z77 Deluxe
Ram : Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB 2133
GPU : Sapphire Nitro RX 580 4GB
PSU : Corsair TX750 (one from 2013 or somewhere around that)
I got the same problem that you describe but with an other motherboard. The only way that i could fix it is updating the Bios with the USB Bios Flash Back. I see that your motherboard has that Bios Flash Back. Take your mobo´s manual and read how to make an update with that bios flash back. I think you should have a Pendrive with the bios file from the website and you have to put it in a specific USB port and then press and hold for some seconds the bios fash back button (that is located in the rear of the mobo) and wait till it finish the instal. You don´t even need to boot bios to make it work. It just needs to have the power of psu on and don´t even need to switch the computer on.
I don´t really know what it could be the problem but doing that i got my computer working back on.
Tell us if it works. Good luck