Question PC suddenly turned off. Now it turns on then off again after a second repeatedly.

Jul 8, 2021
So just out of nowhere my PC suddenly turned off then tried to turn back on again without me pressing the power button and now it just loops turning on for a split second then turns off and does this repeatedly untill I turn off the PSU. Another thing I noticed is the led light under the heatsink of the chipset flashes white when I turn on the PSU. I have never noticed this before and thought it was a spark but I'm pretty sure it just the LED behind it. Also everything seems to turn for the split second it is on

So far I have tried replugging all cables, took out then put back in the ram, cleaned some dust out and took out the GPU. When I did take out the GPU I noticed it will actually turn on for about 10 seconds before turning off and on again but nothing shows up on the monitor.

My system specs:
CPU - Delidded 8700k
Cooler - Corsair H105
MOBO - Asrock z370 killer SLI/ac
RAM - 2 x 8gb Gskill Ripjaw ddr4 3600
GPU - MSI 2070 armor
Storage - 256gb sabrent m.2 , 500 gb SATA SSD WD Blue

Last edited:
May 3, 2021
Make sure that your power button on the casing is working the way it should. Also, if you can try replacing the PSU to make sure that its not faulty.

Jul 8, 2021
Yeah my power button isn't stuck and is working. It has to be the motherboard or the PSU right? I guess I'll just replace the PSU if that doesn't work I'll return it and try replacing the mobo.

ASK THE COMMUNITY