Question Pc suddenly very laggy

Sep 15, 2019
So i Upgraded my PC last week, I have a ryzen 5 3600x 16gb of ddr4 a msi x570 edge wifi board and still a 650 ti because i dont have that kind of money right now. The PC was running fine untill today, for a baseline Yesterday i was able to stream 60 FPS 1080P while staying above 60 in game. But today when i woke up i cant even get above 20 on minecraft. I have restarted my pc checked background processes and nothing out of the ordinary was there. The CPU temp is a little weird tho. It will progressively go from 60 Celcius down to 50 then jump back up to 60 and it keeps doing that. Any help is appreciated!

ShadeSlayer812

Honorable
Dec 1, 2015
What do you mean upgraded? Did you buy a new PC and just new components? If so what components?

Those temps are fine. 50-60 is where you should be under light-moderate load. If it is at 50-60 without any load and/or it goes above 80-85 under load, then you need better cooling.

Sep 15, 2019
What do you mean upgraded? Did you buy a new PC and just new components? If so what components?

Those temps are fine. 50-60 is where you should be under light-moderate load. If it is at 50-60 without any load and/or it goes above 80-85 under load, then you need better cooling.
I mean the only thing I kept from my old pc was the graphics card so if you could say it’s a new pc. It just crashed but before it said something about too many x 16 processes or something. I couldn’t read much because it just shut down after

ShadeSlayer812

Honorable
Dec 1, 2015
I mean the only thing I kept from my old pc was the graphics card so if you could say it’s a new pc. It just crashed but before it said something about too many x 16 processes or something. I couldn’t read much because it just shut down after
If it meant 16 bit processes, then it could be because you switched from a 32-bit OS to a 64-bit OS (64-bit OS can't run 16-bit programs) and copied old programs over. However, it sounds like this could be a memory issue. If you can get the computer up again, I would run windows memory diagnostics to make sure your RAM is stable. Unstable RAM can cause issues like this.

Sep 15, 2019
If it meant 16 bit processes, then it could be because you switched from a 32-bit OS to a 64-bit OS (64-bit OS can't run 16-bit programs) and copied old programs over. However, it sounds like this could be a memory issue. If you can get the computer up again, I would run windows memory diagnostics to make sure your RAM is stable. Unstable RAM can cause issues like this.
Just finished the diagnostic and no ram issues.