Question PC suddenly will not POST after launch

sinthari

Reputable
Oct 25, 2018
Hi,

I hope anyone will be of help as I'm running out of ideas. I will post my PC specs under this explanation.

It was all working just fine yesterday until I decided to put a Commander Pro in. I have 6 fans, so I plugged them into the Commander Pro, also plugged a USB from my AIO pump in it, as well as a USB from my Lightning Node Core. I DID use a daisychain to connect my Commander Pro to the PSU, however it only had an AIO attached to it, hence why I thought it should be fine.

Once launched it took me to the BIOS as it reset, all I changed there was setting a XMP profile and thats it. It then restarted a few times and at some point the PSU made a little sound, like it shut itself on purpose, no smoke/smoke or smell, but then restarted. It ran for about 5 minutes and then restarted itself again and ever since I cannot get through POST.

I can turn it on and all the case fans are spinning, gpu fans are spinning, all the rgb stuff is on. However once I launch it, I cannot reset or force shut down via case buttons. Only the back side PSU button lets me shut it down.

Does this sound like a sudden power surge and a dead motherboard to any of you?

PC specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 5900x (new, got it last week)

MSI RTX 3070

Corsair Vengeance Pro Rgb 3600mhz 32gb (4x8)

Gigabyte Aorus x570 Elite

Corsair TX750M Gold PSU

Corsair iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT AIO

x6 Corsair case fans (theyre 3 different types of fans but never had any issues)

iCUE Lightning Node Core

Commander Pro

x2 Acer Monitors both use Display Port

What I have already tried:

Reset CMOS (via battery removal and shorting pins)
Checked RAM one by one in each slot
Ran system with no drive/ram
Rechecked all cables and screws
Unplugged peripherals before launching PC

I do not have the sound thing to check what kind of beep it would give me on start. I could also try swapping to my old CPU or use my partner's GPU, however I'm not very convinced it's a GPU issue, since it was working just fine and only went to crap after changing XMP profile in BIOS.

Any ideas on what to do?

Cheers

Lutfij

Titan
Corsair TX750M Gold PSU
How old is this unit?

I do not have the sound thing
POST speaker.

It was all working just fine yesterday until I decided to put a Commander Pro in. I have 6 fans, so I plugged them into the Commander Pro, also plugged a USB from my AIO pump in it, as well as a USB from my Lightning Node Core. I DID use a daisychain to connect my Commander Pro to the PSU, however it only had an AIO attached to it, hence why I thought it should be fine.
You might want to remove all the connections made using Corsair's Commander hub as it was prior and see if that brings your system back to life.

sinthari

Reputable
Oct 25, 2018
Corsair TX750M Gold PSU
How old is this unit?

I do not have the sound thing
POST speaker.

You might want to remove all the connections made using Corsair's Commander hub as it was prior and see if that brings your system back to life.

POST speaker was the name I was looking for 😁

That Corsair PSU was purchased 3 or 4 years ago. Never had any issues with it though.

As to the Commander Pro itself, I have already tried reverting to the old layout of things but it just won't POST now. It did pass POST at first after connecting everything to Commander Pro and changing RAM profile to XMP, but ever since it restarted it just wont do anything. I'm just wondering if my mobo dropped dead on me or is it PSU... or is it something silly that I havent thought of yet.