[SOLVED] PC suddenly won't boot with both RAM sticks installed.

Nov 12, 2021
Here's my quick specs: I3 2100, P8H61-M LX, 6GB 1333RAM (4GB1600 & 2GB1333), 240GB SSD
Doing some school works with my PC then, suddenly my PC freezes. I can't move my keyboard or mouse, Then I try to boot again, and won't boot with two rams install.
Here's what I did: Update Bios, I tried 1 RAM only and it boots with both 2 and 4GB RAM, clear CMOS every time I change rams

Is there any possible solution to my problem?

Solution
Given the age of your motherboard, the first thing I'd try is installing a new CMOS battery. There's a pretty good chance that by now your CMOS battery is getting low or dead.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then I'd say it's very likely, also given the age factor, that you're dealing with a dying motherboard ASSUMING that the system was working fine previously for a period of time using those unmatched, oddball DIMMs. Very unlikely, although possible, for the memory to simply suddenly "go bad". Since that was a somewhat low end budget board to begin with, it makes it even more likely. Honestly, it's probably time to start considering an upgrade as a replacement board is probably not very feasible given the MANY years that boards...
Given the age of your motherboard, the first thing I'd try is installing a new CMOS battery. There's a pretty good chance that by now your CMOS battery is getting low or dead.

If that doesn't solve the problem, then I'd say it's very likely, also given the age factor, that you're dealing with a dying motherboard ASSUMING that the system was working fine previously for a period of time using those unmatched, oddball DIMMs. Very unlikely, although possible, for the memory to simply suddenly "go bad". Since that was a somewhat low end budget board to begin with, it makes it even more likely. Honestly, it's probably time to start considering an upgrade as a replacement board is probably not very feasible given the MANY years that boards based on that chipset have been out of production, and used boards that old are a huge risk.

Solution
Nov 12, 2021

If that doesn't solve the problem, then I'd say it's very likely, also given the age factor, that you're dealing with a dying motherboard ASSUMING that the system was working fine previously for a period of time using those unmatched, oddball DIMMs. Very unlikely, although possible, for the memory to simply suddenly "go bad". Since that was a somewhat low end budget board to begin with, it makes it even more likely. Honestly, it's probably time to start considering an upgrade as a replacement board is probably not very feasible given the MANY years that boards based on that chipset have been out of production, and used boards that old are a huge risk.
I installed new CMOS battery, and it works now running on 6GB RAM like the usual, thank you Darkbreeze, Appreciate it!
I'll see in the past few weeks if it's really solve the problem because it's the second time it happens to me. The first time it happens I just brush the socket and plug it in and it works, then this happens again but thankfully we got a solution now and Unfortunately upgrading is not on my options. Have a good day!