Question PC Suddenly Won't Power On

Joe Murphy

Reputable
Dec 4, 2015
Hi all,
I've had my custom built PC for just around a year and up until now I haven't had any problems with it at all. Its been used pretty intensively since I've got it (used every day, pretty much all day and often left on overnight).

About two weeks ago I was away from home for a week, where the computer was turned off but left plugged in. I came home and tried to turn it on, but absolutely nothing happens. I check and see that the lights on the motherboard light up, and anything plugged in the USB ports will light up and/or charge, but nothing happens when I try and power it on. No power on lights, no fans kick in, nothing.

I've tried unplugging everything, taking out the RAM, using a different power cable, but nothings changed.
The other day I was talking to someone and they mentioned that there was a heavy thunderstorm here around the week when I was away, so that's pretty much the only theory I have at the moment that might explain it. But other than that, I haven't a clue.

My specs are as follows:
Windows 10 Home 64bit
Intel i7 8700
Arctic Cooling Freezer 12
Corsair 550w PSU
120gb SSD
Nvidia Geforce GTX1050ti
32gb Ram

If anyone has any ideas or advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Jul 12, 2019
I had an almost same probpem once. It was psu in case so you sjoul get your's checked. Also
Yo guyz i bought cooler master 120 lite cooler and installed it in my pc. Before intallation my pc was running fine. But after installation the fans are running but there is no display. One more thing thats worth mentioning is that during normal operations of my pc two led's glow one is blue other is red. But yesterday after the cooler inst. Only blue one is glowing. I had the same problem last month but it was psu issue and i got it changed. Also my hdd is brand new wd 240 gb ssd. Mother board is gigabyte g41mt-s2p. My cabinet was really old so i had to literally tear a piece of it to adjust ma cooling system.. kindly help
guyz🙏🏻