Question PC Suddenly Won't Power on ?

Nov 12, 2020
Hello,

I was using my PC to do some GPU-heavy tasks today (deep learning related), and suddenly it shut off. Afterwards, I tried turning it back on, but it fails to boot (the connected monitor never even reaches BIOS). I'm not sure what my CPU temperature was when this was happened, but I was monitoring my GPU and it was only around 70 degrees Celsius. My PC is also only a few months old, previously I've never had any issue after I set it up.

Now, when pressing the power button on the case, my GPU lights turn on and its fans spin, my RAM lights turn on, and my CPU fan also turns on (lights + spinning). After maybe 10 seconds, my CPU fan lights start blinking on and off, and the system stays like this forever.
I also noticed that previously there would be lights on my motherboard that would turn on, but now they only flash on for a brief second when turning on the PSU before turning back off.
Also, now I can't turn off the PC after I turn it on by pressing the power button on the case, I can only turn it off by pressing the switch on the PSU.

Right now, I'm thinking that my GPU and RAM are both fine (since the lights turn on for both and the GPU fans spin). I think the PSU is also fine , since components are receiving power. I'm suspecting either my motherboard or CPU, but am not sure which one (haven't been able to do much testing yet since I'm pretty busy at the moment).

Does anyone have any advice on what could have went wrong / what to do now? Thanks!

For reference, here's my build:
PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/27HXDx

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB XC ULTRA GAMING Video Card
Case: NZXT H510 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GA 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS