Jul 5, 2018
Hi guys,
Current specs : Ryzen 1800x
Asus Prime Pro x370 (latest bios)
32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Memory
4GB RX 480 Sapphire Graphics Card
650W Corsair PSU
250GB SSD Samsung Pro Evo 850

I will be doing some things which are CPU intensive,it seems to last a few hours and all of a sudden the computer will turn off. The only way for me to load it back up is either clear the CMOS or turn it off on the power supply and turn it back on again.
i have tried the latest bios update - to no avail. I have also tried several different BIOS but not having any luck. All default settings. (no overclock)
I have checked for windows updates on my computer, still don't think this is the cause.
Event Viewer just shows that it's Kernel Error 41, so I am thinking maybe it's a bad PSU? But this PSU isn't even that old. I have checked all of the power connections and it seems like not any issues.. I hope I can sort it soon.

Temps are not an issue either, maximum 70C under load.

As of now, I am just doing a memtest.. will see if any errors come up. I don't think so though.

Jul 5, 2018

That is what I was thinking the issue is. Is there any other way to test if its just the PSU, i don't have access to a spare atm? I will have to RMA it.

No, other that if you have another PSU.

What PSU is it?

If it's not an RMX or at least a TXM then the replacement may have the same issue.

Jul 5, 2018

It's a VS650 Corsair PSU
Do you think this is an issue?

Yes, get a better quality unit.

The VS is NOT a good PSU at all.

Don't waste you time with an RMA, buy a better unit.

Jul 5, 2018

Seasonic SSR-850FX FOCUS Plus Gold 850W (80+Gold, ATX 12V) PSU/Power Supply - Black

Do you think this will be good enough?

Yes that is fine, more than you need, 650W is fine.

Jul 5, 2018

Thanks, I will install it and let you know in a few days.