Question PC system help - Low FPS but not sure why

ChewieTheCapo

Commendable
Nov 9, 2020
Hi All

I wonder if anyone can help me, i have an ok PC, ive slowly been upgrading and for some reason i seem to struggle with low FPS or FPS drops and am not sure if its the game im playing or maybe a part of my PC that i need to upgrade.

Specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10600K CPU @ 4.10GHz 4.10 GHz
16gb RAM
GTX 3070ti
PNY CS900 250gb SSD
2 HDDs - (im not sure of the specs of these)

Main question i have relates to COD modern Warewfare 2, i have it installed on the SSD but loading into a game i get crazy frame drops for the first 10 - 15 seconds or so then its all good, i wasnt sure what would be causing this?

I know i need to get rid of the old HDDs and replace with quicker SSDs but would this be the reason for bad performace in some games or would itr just affect loading times? Also if someone can link we with parts that would be suitable ill get on with buying new parts, im not the best with decding which parts to buy.

Thanks for reading and helping everyone.

4745454b

Titan
What speed is the RAM? What resolution are you playing at?

HDD can cause frame drops due to their slow speed. Any time anything needs to access data from the HDD things will need to wait for the data. Your SSD is only a 250GB drive so I'm assuming it's really full. Fuller SSDs will also slow down. Smaller SSDs are also generally slower than their 1TB+ brothers. It sounds like you need to buy a large SSD and put your games on that.