[SOLVED] PC Takes 10-20 minutes for it to turn on

Apr 19, 2020
So recently I tried to turn my pc on and it did but no display or anything mouse keyboard etc won’t light up, so I thought that was weird... so I tried to hold the power button to turn it off and nothing, I held it for 30+ seconds and gave up... I’ve turned it off from the wall and then back on 5 seconds later and it was still turned on so I turned it off again and waited 20 seconds and it was off... I’m not sure what to do, I’ve tried to do a POST with my ram but I hear nothing and same thing again with thenPC freezing trying to turn off

Specs
CPU: AMD-A10-7850k
GPU: GTX 770
Ran: 8GB DDR3
PSU: NAXN 500W

Solution
A dying PSU could be able to boot a minimalist PC and fail with a dGPU installed. You may want to try the GPU in a different PC if possible. Swapping out the PSU is another thing you can try if you happen to have an appropriate spare.

InvalidError

Titan
If the PC used to work perfectly fine and then gradually became more unreliable at booting and/or staying on under various loads, the problem is likely the PSU going bad.

If your PC suddenly quit booting, then it may be your motherboard that has died, either spontaneously or with some help from a dying PSU.

Apr 19, 2020
If the PC used to work perfectly fine and then gradually became more unreliable at booting and/or staying on under various loads, the problem is likely the PSU going bad.

If your PC suddenly quit booting, then it may be your motherboard that has died, either spontaneously or with some help from a dying PSU.
Ahh okay, well I just did a test and by the looks of it, it’s my GPU, I took it out and restarted my pc and it booted but I reinserted it and nothing... so I’m guessing it’s a dying GPU or my PSU doesn’t have enough power to run it?

TRENDING THREADS