PC takes 30 seconds to connect to the internet

Jul 13, 2018
I am on Windows 10.

My PC for some reason takes 20 to 30 seconds to connect to the Internet when I boot it up and some programs need to be online to work so they close instead, and I have to wait 30 seconds every time I start my PC to do pretty much everything.

Is there a way to fix this?
Also I'm using a wired connection.

Solution
You could always change your power settings on that PC so that it doesn't go into sleep or hibernate mode. You can do that from the power settings applet in the Control Panel. You can do that and still let it turn off the display after so many minutes of inactivity.
Jul 13, 2018

I guess you're right, i was asking if there's a way to fix it because I'm using a Steam Link to play my Steam Games in another room which is far away from the PC and Wake on LAN doesn't work this way. So I always have to go to my PC to start it while I could just boot it from the Steam Link.

You could always change your power settings on that PC so that it doesn't go into sleep or hibernate mode. You can do that from the power settings applet in the Control Panel. You can do that and still let it turn off the display after so many minutes of inactivity.

Solution