[SOLVED] Pc takes ages to boot and ends up in Bios

Oct 16, 2020
Im am sorry if i posted this in the wrong category, but i think this is the most fitting. The issue is that i upgraded my pc to the rtx 3090 and now every time i boot it takes ages. I allways had the issue that it whent into bios (even with the 2080ti) but then i could just click my way threw in seconds so i didnt really care. Now every press takes arround 5min of response time. Once i am in windows though everything is working fine. I tried flashing the bios twice and that didnt help.

Specs:

Asus ROG Zenith II extreme
AMD Threadripper 3990x
2x Corsair MP510 4000GB
4x HDD IronWolf 16tb
Rtx 3090
8x Trident zRoyal (16GB) - 128 GB total
Custom Watercooled

Anyone had a similar issue?

Solution
Im am sorry if i posted this in the wrong category, but i think this is the most fitting. The issue is that i upgraded my pc to the rtx 3090 and now every time i boot it takes ages. I allways had the issue that it whent into bios (even with the 2080ti) but then i could just click my way threw in seconds so i didnt really care. Now every press takes arround 5min of response time. Once i am in windows though everything is working fine. I tried flashing the bios twice and that didnt help.

Specs:

AMD Threadripper 3990x
2x Corsair MP510 4000GB
4x HDD IronWolf 16tb
Rtx 3090
Custom Watercooled

Do a clean install of video drivers for the...

Specs:

AMD Threadripper 3990x
2x Corsair MP510 4000GB
4x HDD IronWolf 16tb
Rtx 3090
Custom Watercooled

Do a clean install of video drivers for the new GPU... that would mean uninstalling and using DDU to clean all dregs of the old installation and then installing the latest Nvidia drivers.

also a good idea is to do a CMOS reset. On principle since that's often a source of problems.

Solution