Question PC takes an hour to boot

Jul 16, 2019
Hey guys, I've been having this issue with my PC for awhile now -- nowhere I've search has helped.. So my PC has 2 hard drives, a SSD where the OS is, and an additional HDD. Everytime I restart my PC it takes an hour -- it just gets stucked at the bios logo loading screen for an hour, and after that when I finally see the Windows 10 logo everything is super fast again. I'm using a ASRock Z370 Killer mobo so I see the ASRock loading screen (for an hour). I can't seem to figure out if it's my OS issue / hardware? I've run multiple scans and it all says that both my disk drives are healthy.

Every similar situation online seems to be stuck on the Windows 10 logo, but for me that's not the case, it's the bios logo.. Any clues?

DavidDisciple

Commendable
May 29, 2017
Yeah. Do what richiestang_78 says.

If that doesn't work. Disconnect BOTH drives and see if it still hangs at the BIOS screen. If not then the problem is probably not with the motherboard but with the SSD. Go into the device manager after reconnecting and boot it up and see if there are any hardware problems. Also try updating the BIOS as a last resort, but it does sound like something with the drive(s) configuration in the BIOS. It's like one or the other are taking too long to initialize. Also try checking the drives with 'Crystal Disk' after the computer boots. It's free.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS