PC takes extra time to connect to internet after startup

TheStagGamer

Distinguished
BANNED
Feb 17, 2016
I'm currently running my PC through an ethernet connection to my router, but I've noticed that on startup it takes extra time to connect to the internet. I'm running win 10 on a SanDisk SSD PLUS 480 GB so it loads up nice and quickly, however I have to sit and wait for a short while to be able to use any program on the internet.
(I've reinstalled my networking mobo drivers)

Router:
Manufacturer: Sky
Model: NR701
Firmware Version 1.1b.2117.R
DSL Firmware VersionA2pv6F039m1.d24m

Yes still happens if I use wireless on my PC. Heres the message that I get when trying to load a website on chrome while it happening too.
b24e1a1c284cdf7d03049654112ab555.png

Any ideas?

Thanks!

TheStagGamer

Distinguished
BANNED
Feb 17, 2016

Desktop
Processor: Intel Core i7- 6700K
RAM: 16GB DDR4 memory
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 6GB
Motherboard: MSI Z170A Gaming M3
Operating System: Windows 10 (64 bit)

TheStagGamer

Distinguished
BANNED
Feb 17, 2016

Yeah, I think I am. Got the killer network drivers installed anyway. Do I even have the option to not use them?

i am not sure since i never had a motherboard with a feature like this before. it may just be a program you install alongside it. if that's the case all you may have to do is remove a program.

edit: i believe it's the killer network manager that might be causing this. MSI offers you the option to download the drivers with or without the manager

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
For the record, I get similar symptoms, though not consistently, on my Dell XPS 8700, Win10 Pro, i5-4460, with the original motherboard and gigabit ethernet. Never really delved into it, and I have no idea what killer ethernet is.

As usual u gotta narrow down the problem. This one PC only, what other PCs? If more than one PC something wrong with your LAN, not the PCs.

Good practice, stick with WIFI or ethernet, on said PC, only enable one.

Try assigning PC a static IP (don't use DHCP server to assign, manually enter a static IP on the PC), what happens? If this resolves the issue, problem with DHCP server.