Question PC takes time to show display or wake up from sleep mode ?

Oct 19, 2022
When I turn on my PC, every component gets power immediately as it should be. Motherboard has that orange yellowish color light and the processor cooler fan spins. But USB peripherals like Mouse, KB, speaker do not get any power and there is no signal to monitor as well. After about 5-6 minutes, monitor gets signal and everything boots up normally like nothing happened. Waking up from sleep also takes few good minutes. Sometimes it even takes up to half an hour to show up display or wake up.
I have tried clearing CMOS by taking the battery out for 2 hours but the problem is still there. PSU, ram, ssd, GPU, monitor all components are checked and doing fine. Tried switching from GPU to motherboard HDMI but didn’t work.

Specs:
i3 8100
Asus prime H310M-E R2.0
8x2 RAM
500 GB sata SSD
Sapphire AMD RX 580 4 GB
550W bronze corsair PSU

Ralston18

Titan
"550W bronze corsair PSU "

How old? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining?

SSD: make, model, capacity (500 GB noted), how full?

At the next successful boot, look in Reliability History. Look for red and yellow icons along with the error code associated with each icon.

The most straightforward way to provide that information is to do a screen capture of Reliability History - at least the last few days. Or, those days that most represent when problems occurred.

Show as much as you can, capture the screen, and post here using imgur (www.imgur.com).

Oct 19, 2022
"550W bronze corsair PSU "

How old? History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining?

SSD: make, model, capacity (500 GB noted), how full?

At the next successful boot, look in Reliability History. Look for red and yellow icons along with the error code associated with each icon.

The most straightforward way to provide that information is to do a screen capture of Reliability History - at least the last few days. Or, those days that most represent when problems occurred.

Show as much as you can, capture the screen, and post here using imgur (www.imgur.com).

Hi, thanks for the response.
My whole system is about 3+ years old. No heavy gaming or mining just few casual esports like valorant, cs, overwatch etc.
PSU is corsair CX550 and SSD is Transcend's 2.5 220Q to be exact. Storage is almost 60% full. Plenty of space remaining in all local disks.

heres the reliability history: View: https://imgur.com/a/3RXDfA3

when the problem started weeks ago, I pressed and hold the power button until it shut itself and then I power it on again. Eventually it would boot after few tries. few days later I realized that leaving it powered on makes it boot in 5-10 minutes.

Ralston18

Titan
When Windows is improperly shutdown (for whatever reasons) doing so can and does corrupt files.

A faulty or failing PSU can do that as can you when being forced to use the power button to shut down.

Try running "sfc /scannow" and "dism" to find and fix (if any) corrupted files.

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

How to use DISM command tool to repair Windows 10 image | Windows Central

One concern is that the PSU is starting to falter and fail in some manner. One supporting reason (to me anyway) is that I see increasing numbers of errors and more varying errors in Reliability History. Image #7 for example. Critical Events then a couple of warnings showing up. Not many and not much - just enough to draw attention.

Is all important data backed up at least 2 x to locations away from the problem computer? Verify that all backups are recoverable and readable. Just in case.....

To do:

Back up data, run "scf /scannow" and "dism".

Continue watching Reliability History and also start checking Event Viewer. Event Viewer is not as user friendly but may either support Reliability History and/or add more information. Start keeping track of error codes. The codes may or may not be directly helpful but are worth some googling. Just do not jump to any conclusions and do not download any software claiming to fix the "problem". Some of those applications will appear no matter what the problem is or might be.

http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-3128616/windows-event-viewer.html

Likewise stay out of the Registry. Registry edits are last resort "fixes(?)". Do not edit the Registry yourself or allow third party apps to do so.

First step is to clean up and repair any corrupted files and then the next step(s) can be considered.