PC taking 1-2 minutes before starting up

Feb 24, 2018
My PC is taking around 1-2 mins to start after pressing the On button.. All the fans starts working immediately, but it is taking close to 2 minutes to make the beep sound and start the machine.

Can anyone tell me what might be the issue.? Is it any motherboard related issue or an SSD issue??

Once started, it is working fine. And, if I'm restarting my pc or turning it on immediately after shutting it down, it is starting normally.

(Motherboard: Gigabyte 78-LMT- USB-3; Processor: AMD Fx-4100)
FYI, I'm not at all into heavy gaming on my PC.

Solution
Unplug ALL your USB items and see if it goes away. I had this issue with my AMD board and my H100i water cooler and it plugs into a USB header to control it. It didn't like the port I had it in causing a 30-45 second boot lag until the Bios Beep then my normal 15 second boot.
Feb 24, 2018

Yes I meant hard drive.. But 2 weeks ago, it was all working fine. But then suddenly from last week, it is taking this 2 minutes time to start up my machine

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Check you startup and see what's taking so long to load, you may find this explains it. There are a lot of 3rd party software packages that want to look for a update everytime you turn the PC oo that can really slow things down. Chrome/Steam/Twitch for example can be bad as well as a AV attempting to do a scan.

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/find-windows-10-program-load-time

I really suggest a SSD for Windows it helps a ton on older PC's.

Feb 24, 2018

I have already checked all these software related issues. But I really think it is not any software but a hardware problem. As the delay is happening even before the system boots up, I guess there is no role of any software to cause the delay.

Unplug ALL your USB items and see if it goes away. I had this issue with my AMD board and my H100i water cooler and it plugs into a USB header to control it. It didn't like the port I had it in causing a 30-45 second boot lag until the Bios Beep then my normal 15 second boot.

Solution

3rd party programs/OS will NOT slow down boot form pressing power Button until Bios beep showing the Bios screen. That is hardware related.

TRENDING THREADS