[SOLVED] PC taking 28 minutes to boot up.

Jan 8, 2019
I have no idea what's wrong and it's been doing this for a while. I have a pretty decent computer and when I first built it, my computer would load within 5 seconds.. now, for some reason something is wrong and the boot time is insane. It's not 5 seconds or 5 minutes. But over 25 minutes.. so I've just been keeping my computer on 24/7 and trying to avoid a restart.

I'm so tired of dealing with this and I would love some help. I tried to fix it myself but it takes a long time cause you have to restart it to see if the problem is fixed, and if it's not you have to wait 25+ minutes for it to load which makes you waste so much time trying to fix it.

My specs:
GTX 1080 FTW
Intel i7 7700k
16g of RAM DDR4
PRIME-Z270-A motherboard

I've tried restting bios to default settings. I've tried changing boot time. Nothing I do works.

Solution
My windows was taking 5 minutes to load at the blue screen with the spinning circle. I have SSD with windows on it and two HDDs for storage, one of which was dying. I took that out and boot time went down to 10 seconds.

As Colif has mentioned, I would check SSDs HDDs.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what storage do you have? SSD? HDD?

what stage of boot is it slow exactly? Before PC gives control to windows? At a blue screen with a spinning circle? on a black screen with no signs of life? before or after login screen?

Got the latest BIOS for motherboard?

ahmadhijazi0

Commendable
Jan 6, 2019
My windows was taking 5 minutes to load at the blue screen with the spinning circle. I have SSD with windows on it and two HDDs for storage, one of which was dying. I took that out and boot time went down to 10 seconds.

As Colif has mentioned, I would check SSDs HDDs.

Solution
Dec 13, 2018
My computer did the same thing but not as long, it used to be so fast until i almost fried it and it damaged the hdd causing it to fail. After buying a new HDD it was faster but it's still not as fast as it used to be.