[SOLVED] PC taking 40 seconds to get to Windows login with Ryzen 5950x ?

GuidoP

Honorable
Sep 10, 2016
Hi,

Yesterdayevening and the 10 month before my Bios start up tme was 7.3 sec and several seconds to see the W10 login windows appearing. I was happy with that.

This morning the Biosstartup time was the same but it took 40 sec to get to the login window. I did this several times but it stayed the same so I re-installed W10 and than I saw that in the reinstallingprocess it took 40 sec to get from biosstartupwindow to the W10 window.

I tried the reinstall several times but nothing changed.

Finally I took out the Cmosbattery and also cleared the CMOS motherboard jumper.

Nothing changed.

What can cause the fact that from this morning on it takes 40sec before the W10 login window appears and this was not the case the last ten months with yesterday evening included.

I did not change any hardware, nothing came loose, nothing was installed or uninstalled.

It came out of the blue.

What do people here think/recommend to get rid of the 40sec and get back to how it was yesterday evening?

best regards,

Guido

MB: ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5950X
GPU: geforce 1070 8G
RAM: Kingston 64GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Fury
PSU: Seasonic Prime TX-750
OS on Samsung 980 Pro 500GB M.2
Data on Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

Solution
Hi,

Yesterdayevening and the 10 month before my Bios start up tme was 7.3 sec and several seconds to see the W10 login windows appearing. I was happy with that.

This morning the Biosstartup time was the same but it took 40 sec to get to the login window. I did this several times but it stayed the same so I re-installed W10 and than I saw that in the reinstallingprocess it took 40 sec to get from biosstartupwindow to the W10 window.

Finally I took out the Cmosbattery and also cleared the CMOS motherboard jumper.

Nothing changed.

What can cause the fact that from this morning on it takes 40sec before the W10 login window appears and this was not the case the last ten...
Hi,

Nothing changed.

What can cause the fact that from this morning on it takes 40sec before the W10 login window appears and this was not the case the last ten months with yesterday evening included.

I did not change any hardware, nothing came loose, nothing was installed or uninstalled.

It came out of the blue.

What do people here think/recommend to get rid of the 40sec and get back to how it was yesterday evening?

best regards,

Guido

Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS
Ram: Kingston 64GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Fury
Power: Seasonic Prime TX-750
And data on Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB
There was a W10 opdate recently.

Hi,

Nothing changed.

It came out of the blue.

best regards,

Guido

MB: ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS
RAM: Kingston 64GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Fury
PSU: Seasonic Prime TX-750
Data on Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB
Disable Fast Startup (Choose Power Plans/Choose what Power Buttons Do/Change Settings currently unavailable/untick Fast Startup ) and see if that changes anything. You can always re-enable it.

Solution

DSzymborski

Titan
Since you're testing a boot issue, if you still have issues after more troubleshooting, make sure to not have any drives but your OS and no USB devices other than your mouse and keyboard connected. A problem with someone like a secondary drive can cause Windows to hiccup (or even freeze completely) while starting up.

GuidoP

Honorable
Sep 10, 2016
Since you're testing a boot issue, if you still have issues after more troubleshooting, make sure to not have any drives but your OS and no USB devices other than your mouse and keyboard connected. A problem with someone like a secondary drive can cause Windows to hiccup (or even freeze completely) while starting up.

Thanks for the tip!

When I took out the Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB the startup time was the same as yesterday evening. But that drive works still fine and is also only 10 months old.

What can I do now?