[SOLVED] PC taking around 10 minutes to boot with RAM upgrade

Apr 23, 2020
I swapped out my 2x 8gb Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz RAM for 2x 16gb Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz RAM but now my PC takes around 10 minutes to boot instead of the usual 10 seconds. It also displays a BIOS time of 30 seconds too.

Solution
In the bios there should be a way to play with the latency times of the system ram, something like putting 15-17-17-35 instead of close to these values, changing maybe the voltage, probably also the 2133 to 3000 MHz frequency itself. On the ram sticks or in the internet there should be these four timings and the voltage setting.
In the bios there should be a way to play with the latency times of the system ram, something like putting 15-17-17-35 instead of close to these values, changing maybe the voltage, probably also the 2133 to 3000 MHz frequency itself. On the ram sticks or in the internet there should be these four timings and the voltage setting.

Solution

STcreature

Honorable
Nov 12, 2014
Can you tell us what type of motherboard you have ?
you can check using CPU-Z in the motherboard tab

It looks like your Ram configs in the bios are sitting on high latency settings which causes boot time to extend
In the Bios try and use the XMP configuration built in the RAM sticks

otherwise check your latency configs they should as following: (normally you would find them in the Overclocking section under D-ram )

Apr 22, 2020
Check in Bios for boot extended checks if enabled try disabling the setting and save settings and try booting again. The additional time maybe due to memory checks prior to boot up.