Question PC taking up to 30 minutes to boot up

Jan 10, 2021
Since yesterday, my PC randomly just takes 30 minutes to boot up. I didn't really download anything the previous day or change much so I'm a bit confused why. GTX 1060 6 gb i5 8400k and can provide more if needed. I have an SSD drive.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model PC? Age?

Motherboard, RAM, drives, PSU, peripherals, other drives..... etc.

Do you hear any beeps or see any LED error codes?

SSD: make, model, capacity, how full?

Are you able to get into BIOS and configure the POST process to be as verbose as possible so you can observe what, if anything, is going on during POST?

After your next sucessful boot look in Windows Reliability History: any error codes, warnings, or informational events?

Jan 10, 2021
Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Make and model PC? Age?

Motherboard, RAM, drives, PSU, peripherals, other drives..... etc.

Do you hear any beeps or see any LED error codes?

SSD: make, model, capacity, how full?

Are you able to get into BIOS and configure the POST process to be as verbose as possible so you can observe what, if anything, is going on during POST?

After your next sucessful boot look in Windows Reliability History: any error codes, warnings, or informational events?
Motherboard: ASUS PRIME H310M-K

DDR4 16 gb ram

PC is around 2.5 years old

I got it pre built at Canada Computers

BIWIN ssd 240 gb for my C drive I think and for my D drive ST1000DM010-2EP102 (not sure if that's correct but that's what the program I'm using says.) Both drives are like 5/6 full and do have some space.

PSU is 600 wat (dont know the type)

And not sure what the BIOS is

Jan 10, 2021
That's probably the root cause. When NTFS volumes get little free space, the performance drops substantially. Best solution is to add another HDD and use that as storage space.
I've had them like this for the past couple months and it's never affected anything until now

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS