baron

Distinguished
May 22, 2001
To make sure I do not do anything silly. (like what i did installing win98se without paritioning it)

What is the best method to take stuff from one computer (my old one I am about to junk) to my new one? My old one has USB ports but not enable.

I am thinking... Using a com port. Getting my old system to share files. Get what I want, take away share. then I am done.. Am I missing something or com ports by my theory won't work?

Thanks.

I built my first PC yesterday... Thought that was the toughest part... Software seems to be tougher. lol :)

IMacs for the blind

blah

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
nothing speshual, just install everything on the new PC, take the old HD from the old PC, put it into the new as a slave, copy all you need, put it back to the old PC, you are done, hehe

Post, we'll do the "search"... :wink:

killall

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
that is the best way... installing it in the box and transferring directly... serial and usb are too much of a hastle to set up and i dont know any software that does it (an interesting thing would be to use optical in/out on sb live! platinum or newer mobos to network boxes optically cheaply...)

you do not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong

TRENDING THREADS