PC to TV via HDMI- Sound cuts/artifacting

AJ Laird

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
Hello, not sure where I should have asked this but I recently purchased a Blu-Ray drive for me PC and connected an HDMI cord to my Radeon 4850 to my Toshiba 40" LCD.

The picture looks great and the sound works but after a few moments whether i'm viewing my desktop on my TV or playing a PC game on it, or watching a movie the sound randomly drops in and out.

There is also the issue of the TV screen having random artifacting for split seconds.

My question is what could be the problem? Could it be the HDMI cord that is causing the issue?

I don't think it's my graphics card because this doesn't happen when playing PC games on my PC monitor. Only when I duplicate the image to my TV.

AJ Laird

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
My video card runs around 50 degrees idle and around 65 to 70 when gaming. My motherboard is a Gigabyte MA785GM-US2H the pci-e slot is a 16x (2.0)

I have the latest ATI drivers as well.

The Motherboard has an HDMI slot but i'm not using that one. I'm using the HDMI port on my video card. I tried plugging the cord into the motherboard HDMI slot but the computer didn't recognize it.

All the info of my board can be found here- http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3447#sp