Question PC to TV via MDMI, video but no sound through TV only PC

Jan 9, 2020
I have an up to date Win 10 (Ver 1909 Build 18363.535 LT), which I have used to watch videos via a MDMI cable to my TV (Vizio 3 yrs old) for many months. Now, with no changes on my part, I can still see the video but get no audio, on the TV, only on the PC speakers. In fact, the TV audio speakers, have disappeared from my sound devices list. I have read suggestions on a few help forums and have tried some of the various things mentioned. Still trying to make the TV speakers show on sound device choice list, to no avail. I've exhausted my limited tech knowledge and need help. If the help is not too complicated, I will try any solution. I have no idea what caused this change of LT/MDMI/TV/speakers settings, as I have done nothing different or changed any settings. Thank you. SR

Remeca

Reputable
What's the GPU you are using? It should show up in the devices list when you left click the speaker icon then left click on the currently activate sound device above the volume slider. A list of all audio devices should show up which you can easily switch between.

Jan 9, 2020
MDMI or HDMI?
What's the GPU you are using? It should show up in the devices list when you left click the speaker icon then left click on the currently activate sound device above the volume slider. A list of all audio devices should show up which you can easily switch between.

MDMI

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Jan 9, 2020
Well I only wrote the same thing that they sell as MDMI cables, connectors etc. and if it's gpu or cpu, I don't know as the terms came right out of the system info scan. Now do you have any info that may help me solve this issue or are you just there correct abbreviations and tech terms for us newbis. Whatever, thank you for your service....

Jan 9, 2020
Thanks, folks, although I checked Device Manager before, I guess I didn't look under Sound Video and Game Controllers. This time I did and found 2 of everything and one of the Intel(R) Audio had the little yellow alert. I looked and checked the driver, updated it and "yer bums a plum", it worked. The sound device is now listed as "HDMI Extender ". That's the name of a wireless HDMI extender I use so I won't have cables all over the place. Thanks again folks, you can mark this issue closed....

Reactions: TJ Hooker