[SOLVED] PC Totally randomly turns off, at my wits end

Dec 8, 2021
Greetings,

As I am making this post I am over 4-5 hours of stress with doing anything in my power to bunk down to a single question, yet I was not sure which option to choose to post a thread.

SO, my PC full randomly (doesn't matter if I play or just browse the web) turns off sometimes, but sometimes it works totally fine for a whole day, sometimes it is unbearable.
At this point:
Did a windows memory troubleshooting
Did a clean video driver reinstall
Reset my PC/reinstalled windows from advanced troubleshooting - trying to keep drive C without formating
Reinstalled windows - gave up on keeping drive C
Made sure all the cables are intact and in place
Removed one of my old HDDs - no restarts since then BUT WHO KNOWS
Minimal dust was inside the PC/PSU, cleaned it
Had the power cabel attached to a different outlet from all the other PC parts
Tried with my older monitor (just got a new one, will get to the point where this is relevan)

And some other stupid things that may or may not have anything to do with the issue.

My specs are the following:
PSU: CoolerMaster MWE GOLD 750W Full Modular
Motherboard: Asustek Prime B450-Plus
RAM: HyperX 16GB Predator DDR4 2666MHz CL13 KIT HX426C13PB3K2/16
GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
SSD: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 500GB
HDD: Toshiba 4TB 7200rpm SATA-600 128MB HDD

And this issue of random TOTAL system shutdowns came after purchased a new monitor, not sure if that makes any sense.

Since I have reinstalled windows I had done a benchmark test to stress the PC, and it went along fine with good results and nothing happened! All temperatures are OK as well.
Then after sometime i was "relaxed" i was digging around my old HDD (the reason I have removed it) and my PC just randomly freecking crashed once again.

I am totally at loss for words, this PC is coming to the age of 3 the next summer and i find it hard to accept that this could be caused by my hardware, as it is so random and does not happen when the PC is stressed (well, at least it does not appear to be connected at all)

So my big question would be, could a current video card driver update be the cause of all of this? What the hell is going on? How could I verify that the PSU is doing something? What else should I check?

Please help me out a bit, at this point I am suffering from a bit of anxiety lol.

Thank you very much.

Solution
Tough situation.

You could disassemble it all out of the case, put the motherboard on top of some cardboard, and then connect the bare minimum components one at a time, attempting to boot between each newly added component, trying to identify if the most recently added component is the source of the problem.

I assume you have no testing tools to evaluate the power supply.

I assume you have no spare parts you have not mentioned to swap in to see if the problem then goes away.

You could take it to a technician.

You could start speculating and spending money.......replacing one part at a time until the problem disappears. Motherboard and power supply at the top of the list.

You might troubleshoot for 50 hours and get nowhere.

At...
Dec 8, 2021
Also had a BIOS update like 1/1.5 months ago, but that did not cause any issues or anything, i am now on Win11
But this issue was present on my Win10 from starters, and had the same video card update

Dec 8, 2021
worth to note that the error actually came present after some nvidia driver update (if i remember correctly), not the exact time the monitor was purchased
but that shouldnt matter as the issue still comes on with my old monitor as well

Tough situation.

You could disassemble it all out of the case, put the motherboard on top of some cardboard, and then connect the bare minimum components one at a time, attempting to boot between each newly added component, trying to identify if the most recently added component is the source of the problem.

I assume you have no testing tools to evaluate the power supply.

I assume you have no spare parts you have not mentioned to swap in to see if the problem then goes away.

You could take it to a technician.

You could start speculating and spending money.......replacing one part at a time until the problem disappears. Motherboard and power supply at the top of the list.

You might troubleshoot for 50 hours and get nowhere.

At some point, you reach for your wallet to avoid frustration, but that's kind of a personal decision. I've been known to throw nearly new stuff in the garbage rather than deal with Customer Service for a piece of hardware....but all of that comes down to your personal tolerances.

Intermittent problems are a b.......h to deal with for the average home user guy without tools and testing equipment. Finding a competent and trustworthy nearby technician may be impossible.

Solution
Dec 8, 2021
Indeed it is.

At this point I have dismantled the PC and asked one of my buddies to go through the motherboard and the PSU in their laptop service "station" to see if they are faulty.
Not sure if that will bring results, but I will update it here just for people to see if they face similar issues in the future.