[SOLVED] PC tower won't power on

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 6, 2020
Daughter accidentally knocked PC tower over today.
Computer won't power on via power button.
Power supply is verified as working via paper clip test.
Flathead screwdriver test does not work to manually turn on PC by bridging power switch pins.
Note that motherboard LEDs, GPU power switch entry area lights, etc. are all lit properly.

I have double and triple-checked to make sure plugs, RAM, etc. are seated securely and properly.

Please help - I have no idea what to troubleshoot next. This self-built PC is less than two years old and I've sunk a lot of time and money into it, and it has been a lifesaver for our family especially during this quarantine time. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
But if it won't power on at all without the GPU, then what's the point of adding an additional component to the mix?

Also, PSU has been thoroughly tested - powers on via paper-clip method; all pins in 24-pin ATX cable have been tested and verified as proper voltages using multimeter.
This is only because your motherboard might have PCI-E as the default for a display adapter, and some motherboards don't boot if there is no display adapter. So it might not be checking your integrated graphics at all. You can fix this issue by doing a CMOS reset as well, since that will clear all motherboard/BIOS settings. I'd suggest doing a CMOS reset and then try breadboarding without GPU, and if it still doesn't work, you definitely have...
Jun 6, 2020
Yes, the new board is installed.
I need to reinstall Windows at some point anyway to transfer OS from my current m.2 to a larger 1TB m.2, so this is another good excuse to do so ASAP.

But thank you for the recommendation about the B450.
You're referring to the MSi B450 Tomahawk Max, correct?

Yes, the new board is installed.
I need to reinstall Windows at some point anyway to transfer OS from my current m.2 to a larger 1TB m.2, so this is another good excuse to do so ASAP.

But thank you for the recommendation about the B450.
You're referring to the MSi B450 Tomahawk Max, correct?
All MSI B450 motherboards have a 'Max' variant, you can choose whichever price-point suits you, but yes, the B450 Tomahawk MAX is a very good board and I would recommend it.