Question PC tries to open game then shuts off then goes into boot loop

May 19, 2019
I just put together a build with a i5 760, gigabyte h55m with rx 570 4gb, and some old 1200w powersupply idk the brand, but i start up my pc and its running fine, i go to open a steam game or fortnite but i havent even played the game yet and it shuts down on me and then tries to start up but then goes into a boot loop, the only way to get out of that boot loop is by clearing the cmos, however i have done this about 5 times and it happens everytime i try to open a game. I dont know if it a cpu, mobo, psu, gpu problem.
PLEASE HELP!!

May 19, 2019
Was this a fresh install of Windows? Also, find out that exact PSU rather than "I don't know."

This wasnt a fresh install, how ever it was in my other pc that was working fine. And now the games load up and i can play for around 10 mins and my computer just shuts off. Is this usually a psu problem. Also i cant find the actual brand of psu, It just says POWER 1200w

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
This wasnt a fresh install, how ever it was in my other pc that was working fine. And now the games load up and i can play for around 10 mins and my computer just shuts off. Is this usually a psu problem. Also i cant find the actual brand of psu, It just says POWER 1200w

Sudden shutdowns like this are typically temperatures or power supply. Can you take pictures of the power supply and all the information on them and upload them? It's quite necessary to know this information.

May 19, 2019
This wasnt a fresh install, how ever it was in my other pc that was working fine. And now the games load up and i can play for around 10 mins and my computer just shuts off. Is this usually a psu problem.
Sudden shutdowns like this are typically temperatures or power supply. Can you take pictures of the power supply and all the information on them and upload them? It's quite necessary to know this information.
just in class will do when i get home, temperatures are fine aswell, i ran stress tests for about 10 mins and everything was fine

May 19, 2019
A PSU that says Power 1200w would be very heavy and would have some brand name on it. You may have to take off both sides of the case to see the name but there will be one. If there is No name or model number, then that PSU should be used as a door stop.
Yeah ill have a look soon and ill try with a different power supply aswell, cheers

May 19, 2019
A PSU that says Power 1200w would be very heavy and would have some brand name on it. You may have to take off both sides of the case to see the name but there will be one. If there is No name or model number, then that PSU should be used as a door stop.
uPtJOpqm0aOzCBZx8X1q8rFtzH0R2X1RCKMxEiivokliBthnngPTlj7RbhYfSAM7D9pVvnwWacxdjuQhpnajCOwK1fPl9iF56l4heqZp2_Yck41KTP5YTCDdpigaPT--1g63rT5sp7YMZR6Hpw11Ydm1EUtaOyxkQhd9Z-p5PqwEfcjKXb-DsDFAexbivW5WrtvOyWU6Lc4di_1Xky-eGh5fGmkFRcsDiIXaviJuisuHpU2ItXcWA6KwKgJ6utSQ5d3L2X_0Y0H4zP7XGTpcguVDFnuvF30OJZORwT66pIgm0WIYuxybIvCavYbqvWp2fi_8Y_Z03UD3Dzfeeov9hzZY3QbOSciIVljEXmtXzC-OVGhihkbEEmiEZobcDkz7nsLk4xlWubyuilEqKLSOLBKcZdmXib7m8yRy6ZYw5hLeoK3tdYbxbmZNwSGyh4P14f5VLkLkuvkjBAtQy6yrTyMX7HLZ0MSq7Oe9N7wthx6FKKtVApF-BahF_Hb3rroWmZg0yscA6GtFXLzJZasjkyqipF2-Q2_JOhycg4EZ4TDUOiUe00XSk1V4RyAZxTxZOw6MX1_CkBOd8JlQq_5ugKPVPhuw8ADMihywWY0iQZdtDER3hZtnCpDyT1qkgR61ZAmVTRneO9bbgEev9LuBo95ofdt1KpI=w972-h1294-no

Hey this is the power supply i was using this is the only sticker on it

TRENDING THREADS