Question Pc tripping breakers

Aug 3, 2022
I recently moved from an apartment to a house. Never had an issue with this before at two previous residences. Now, when I'm running my pc and two monitors, it trips the breaker. I've tried on two separate circuits, with different oitlet/power strip configurations, with nothing else on the circuit. Yesterday I even replaced the psu and cord to rule that out. Seems like the issue mainly occurs when both monitors are running, but they're fine individually. Sometimes it's immediate, sometimes it runs for a few minutes before tripping. Other items on the same circuit work just fine, including a different pc setup, gaming consoles, etc. I'm running out of ideas at this point and need to get it going for work asap.

Aug 3, 2022
Tried your microwave and kettle in the same sockets?

Sounds possibly like an earth leakage trip. If your old place had an older consumer unit (fusebox) - they wouldn't trip with some 'dirty flow - and thats why they wouldn't pass a new test.

Calling it 'nuisance tripping' undervalues your life IMO
https://www.voltimum.co.uk/articles/earth-leakage-explained

There are two parts to some consumer units, with one being far more sensitive to surges - with the intent of saving your life.

You can get little plugs to 'plug in to check for earth leakage etc as desribed in the link -
BUT you def need this checked by an expert - how much is your life worth?

TRENDING THREADS