Question PC tripping circuit breaker, randomly

hatepeeker

Honorable
Jun 2, 2015
Hi,
A couple of days ago my PC started to trip my 15A circuit breaker randomly - sometimes during the booting process, sometimes trips it while I am editing a document or surfing, sometimes never trip the breaker for the whole evening. My PC has been sitting on this line for months and has no problem at all before this. Here's my build:
  • Ryzen 5 5600X
  • Gigabyte B450M-DS3H
  • EVGA FTW ULTRA 3070 Ti
  • DDR4 16G RAM
  • 1x NvMe SSD, 1x SATA SSD, 1x HDD
  • Gigabyte B700H PSU
  • mATX case
I used to have a 2060 Super but I upgraded to a 3070 Ti in February and works great for over a month.
Here are the things I've tested:
  1. I don't have a lot of items connecting to this line (just a few desk lamps, a mesh router, several phone chargers, etc.). I put an 800/1000/1500W space heater on the same socket and tested for 20min, everything's OK. So I guess the power line and circuit breaker should be good;
  2. I moved my PC to the basement, which is supported by another 15A breaker. I've tested for two evenings and no tripping happened. But the PC trips it randomly so I was still not sure;
  3. I thought it could be the problem of low-quality PSU so I bought a Corsair RM850x to replace the Gigabyte B700H PSU, which still trips the breaker randomly.
I have no idea how to solve this problem. Any help would be appreciated!

Remove everything else from the circuit your PC is using. Check that your PSU is still good.

Circuit breakers are not built to reset continuously. After they have tripped four or five times they will start getting weaker and trip at lower currents. Replace your circuit breaker.

If the problem continues have an electrician look at the circuit.

hatepeeker

Honorable
Jun 2, 2015
Remove everything else from the circuit your PC is using. Check that your PSU is still good.

Circuit breakers are not built to reset continuously. After they have tripped four or five times they will start getting weaker and trip at lower currents. Replace your circuit breaker.

If the problem continues have an electrician look at the circuit.

Usually, nothing else except a router is running on that circuit and I've tested with a 1500W heater. I just replaced the old PSU with a new one so I guess it shouldn't be the problem...

TRENDING THREADS