I just upgraded my pc and I'm having issues. My new build is:
gigabyte z590 pro ax mobo
i7-10700k cpu
4x8 trident z ram
gtx 970 (1080ti on the way)
cx 650 psu
sn750 m.2 ssd
wd blue 1 tb ssd
Everything seems to be plugged in properly but the pc won't post a signal at all...not even the bios. It boots just fine and all the fans run, and I have noticed that the ''boot'' led light stays on. Any ideas as to what the issue is? I have already tried switching the hdmi/displayport cables as well as the cables connected to the storage. I have a feeling the m.2 is booting before the old ssd, the issue is the sn750 is what was in my old pc, and thus has the os and all my data. I cant switch the boot order because the bios wont even show up

Solution
OK if the Boot_led is not longer lighting up indicates that your USB is being recognised so are you able to access Bios by spamming the DELETE key?

If you can access Bios then change priority to the USB until you have installed the OS. Check also if Bios recognises the SSD storage device you wish to instal the OS on.

BIOS will not detect an SSD if the data cable is damaged or the connection is incorrect. The easiest way to test a cable is to replace it with another cable. If the problem persists, then the cable was not the cause of the problem. Check cabling and connections.

There is a function key when you start the system that will bring up a menu that asks for the Boot device and you should be able to select the USB.
This...
Hi Austin (y)and Welcome to the Forum :)

The BOOT_LED staying lit indicates an issue with your boot drive and POST would not continue till the error is fixed. Hence no access to Bios.

Clear your CMOS.
Choose the SSD that you wish to boot from and disconnect the other drive.

Clean instal Windows 10 on the drive you wish to boot from and prioritize that OS drive in Bios when connecting your other drive.

Sep 14, 2021
Hi Austin (y)and Welcome to the Forum :)

The BOOT_LED staying lit indicates an issue with your boot drive and POST would not continue till the error is fixed. Hence no access to Bios.

Clear your CMOS.
Choose the SSD that you wish to boot from and disconnect the other drive.

Clean instal Windows 10 on the drive you wish to boot from and prioritize that OS drive in Bios when connecting your other drive.
So I’m not sure if I’ve done it right, I took out the cmos battery for a few minutes and tried again only to end up at the same place. I’ve tried both ssd’s with no luck.

I took out the cmos battery for a few minutes and tried again only to end up at the same place.

CMOS info is stored using a capacitor to power the CMOS chip. It can store power for quite some time (up to 10mins.) To ensure the capacitor is depleated you should press the computers power button with the battery removed.

I’ve tried both ssd’s with no luck.

Did you clean instal the OS as requested with the other drive disconnected?
Have you set your disk priority in Bios?

OK if the Boot_led is not longer lighting up indicates that your USB is being recognised so are you able to access Bios by spamming the DELETE key?

If you can access Bios then change priority to the USB until you have installed the OS. Check also if Bios recognises the SSD storage device you wish to instal the OS on.

BIOS will not detect an SSD if the data cable is damaged or the connection is incorrect. The easiest way to test a cable is to replace it with another cable. If the problem persists, then the cable was not the cause of the problem. Check cabling and connections.

There is a function key when you start the system that will bring up a menu that asks for the Boot device and you should be able to select the USB.
This function key is usually F2 or F12 or maybe Esc however i'm not 100% sure.

Solution
Sep 14, 2021
So I installed windows on the USB and plugged it into the side

This function key is usually F2 or F12 or maybe Esc however i'm not 100% sure.
i dont understand what the issue could be, I still am not getting any reading from my monitor. No leds, nothing broken, everything running as it should yet the monitor won’t even react when I turn on the pc

Sep 14, 2021
Do you have a friend or neighbor you can test the monitor in their system and eliminate that possibility?
Maybe take it to a technician to test or test with another monitor.
I’ll use a monitor speaker to try and see if it can give me a hint but I’m going to take it to a technician to make sure everything really is working correctly