Question PC turn off at random.

Jun 2, 2022
Yesterday my PC worked for about 6-8hours with no problem, only internet and movies, than suddenly turned off while watching Obi Wan episode 1 :D.
When tried to turn on after couple seconds it turns off by itself. I tried couple of times, once after 3-4 seconds, second time about a minute while booting ->completely at random.
I am monitoring the temperatures all the time CPU 42-45, GPU 47, mobo and hdd - under 40. I am sure it is not an overheating problem.

Before that I changed the mobo, changed the thermopaste of the cpu, assemble all the parts one by one, checked all cables, rams, fans etc.

Today I switched it on again...worked for about 2 hours then again turned off by itself. When tried to turn on same story - turned off immediately.

mobo: ASUS M4A88TD-M/USB3
CPU: Athlon II x4 3.0ghz
RAM: 2x 4GB DDR3, and 2 x 2GB DDR3
GPU: GF 450GTS (tried out GT740 due less power requirement - same thing)
PSU: 500W
HDD 1TB sata

The 2 pairs of rams are at different freq. I think the 4GBs are at 1600Mhz, and the 2GBs are at 1333Mhz, but I think this can' be the problem, as I said the system worked fine for about 6-8 hours.

I didn't change the CMOS battery, could be the problem there?

The interesting part is that it is working for some time and then it starts to turn off, like is heating or something, but the temps are all normal.

Yesterday my PC worked for about 6-8hours with no problem, only internet and movies, than suddenly turned off while watching Obi Wan episode 1 :D.
When tried to turn on after couple seconds it turns off by itself. I tried couple of times, once after 3-4 seconds, second time about a minute while booting ->completely at random.
I am monitoring the temperatures all the time CPU 42-45, GPU 47, mobo and hdd - under 40. I am sure it is not an overheating problem.

Before that I changed the mobo, changed the thermopaste of the cpu, assemble all the parts one by one, checked all cables, rams, fans etc.

Today I switched it on again...worked for about 2 hours then again turned off by itself. When tried to turn on same story - turned off immediately.

mobo: ASUS M4A88TD-M/USB3
CPU: Athlon II x4 3.0ghz
RAM: 2x 4GB DDR3, and 2 x 2GB DDR3
GPU: GF 450GTS (tried out GT740 due less power requirement - same thing)
PSU: 500W
HDD 1TB sata

The 2 pairs of rams are at different freq. I think the 4GBs are at 1600Mhz, and the 2GBs are at 1333Mhz, but I think this can' be the problem, as I said the system worked fine for about 6-8 hours.

I didn't change the CMOS battery, could be the problem there?

The interesting part is that it is working for some time and then it starts to turn off, like is heating or something, but the temps are all normal.
Try a different psu.

Reactions: wazawcho

TRENDING THREADS