abhinav_s_2

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017
Hey,
I am currently stuck with a problem where my id stuck on Turn ON-Turn OFF cycle, where it turns ON for 2/3sec and immediately turns OFF and then the cycle keeps on going infinitely unless i switch it OFF by pressing the power button or remove plug from the wall outlet. I removed all the cables and plugged them in but no luck. I then tried changing the power cord, removing all the unnecessary hardware (like hard drive, graphics card etc) but still the problem persists. I then went ahead with only the CPU, Motherboard and PSU attached and tried to start the computer but still could not get through.
Then I cleared the CMOS by pressing the Clear CMOS button, still I am stuck with the same problem. It would be great if you could just help me figure out what to do next.

PC Specs:-
MOTHERBOARD : Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97
CPU : Intel i7 4790K
RAM : Corsair Vengeance PRO(8Gb x 2)
POWER SUPPLY : Corsair RM 850
GPU : Asus Strix GTX 970

abhinav_s_2

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017
Your board has port 80 indicator (top right corner of the board).
Use that to diagnose the problem. User manual of your board contains info about port 80 codes.
The Q-Code LED display is only showing me "00" just at the start, which means 'not used'.
And I did my tests with/without ram, shuffling the dims, using single dim etc but it did not seem to be working.

abhinav_s_2

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017
Was the pc working before or you just assembled it from used parts?
If it was working, what did you change? Any thunder storms in the area?

Do you have pc speaker connected?
Have you gone through this check-list?
https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/
I assembled my PC back in 2015 and it was working fine till yesterday when suddenly the screen went bluish-black and the fans went on full throttle while I was texting on my phone. I initially thought it would be an update or something but there was no change on the monitor for almost half an hour. Then I performed the force shutdown by holding the Power Button. Today in the morning I encountered the problem.

abhinav_s_2

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017
Hey,
I am currently stuck with a problem where my id stuck on Turn ON-Turn OFF cycle, where it turns ON for 2/3sec and immediately turns OFF and then the cycle keeps on going infinitely unless i switch it OFF by pressing the power button or remove plug from the wall outlet. I removed all the cables and plugged them in but no luck. I then tried changing the power cord, removing all the unnecessary hardware (like hard drive, graphics card etc) but still the problem persists. I then went ahead with only the CPU, Motherboard and PSU attached and tried to start the computer but still could not get through.
Then I cleared the CMOS by pressing the Clear CMOS button, still I am stuck with the same problem. It would be great if you could just help me figure out what to do next.

PC Specs:-
MOTHERBOARD : Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97
CPU : Intel i7 4790K
RAM : Corsair Vengeance PRO(8Gb x 2)
POWER SUPPLY : Corsair RM 850
GPU : Asus Strix GTX 970
Anyone with any clues of what is going on?

abhinav_s_2

Prominent
Oct 22, 2017
Okay So today i tried re-seating the cpu, cleaning the thermalpaste and installing the stock air cooler, booted the pc but still stuck on the loop.
Though I noticed one thing that if I dont plug in the 8pin CPU power, and pressed the power button the Fans attached to the motherboard didn't stop spinning but when i plugged in the 8 pin CPU power, the same problem came back.
What does this suggest, issue with the CPU?