Sep 28, 2019
Hello,

Recently I have had problem turning on my PC. When pushing the power button the PC won't turn on, but a buzzing sound would come out from the speakers which are connected to the audio card.

Note: My PC configuration is 8 years old, based on i5-2500 and an ASUS P8P67 deluxe MB.

Turning off the speakers and turning on/off the PSU a couple of times seemed to resolve the problem and the PC turned on successfully.

Yesterday, I decided to turn off the PSU during sleep in order to discharge the MB completely. The next morning the PC wouldn't turn on, even by resetting the PSU a couple of times.

I took all the PC components apart and checked the PSU with a multimeter. The voltage rails looked ok. Then proceeded to test the PSU with MB-CPU-RAMS only.

On the Motherboard, there are too buttons, one with a red LED which turns the PC on and one with a green LED for the reset. I noticed that when the PC refused to turn on, these 2 Button-LEDs would blink very fast and a very little noise of the same frequency came out of the PSU. After keeping the PC with PSU on for about half an hour and resetting the PSU once, the leds remained stable and the PC would turn on normally.

So I concluded that the problem is with some kind of power delivery problem within the Motherboard maybe? Any ideas of why this is happening? Maybe bad capacitors? Short-Circuit?

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Sep 28, 2019
CPU: i5-2500
Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe
Ram: 4x2 GB Kingston DDR3 1333
SSD/HDD: 1 TB WD Caviar HDD
GPU: Asus GeForce GTS 450
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 750W (Don't know exact model)
Chassis: Thermaltake

I am sorry but I do not know more details about the parts. The PSU is 8 years old.